sixstrings

FS-WWI question/help

Don't know if this best place for this plea for help but the WWI section seems to be pretty dead. Been trying to download the FS-WWI plane pac full version with the direct link that the FS-WWI home site provides - (DBmod site for downloading). All i get are broken/incomplete downloads. Tried a lot of times and used different mirrors(logged on to site) to no avail. Could somebody point me in the right direction to a better site/torrent . Will gladly pay for shipping and handling for a DVD if someone can. Any help would be appreciated .    Thanks

Try the links for FS:WW1 here, the D/Ls for its components seem to be working:

http://www.fsww1.com/

I just checked and the 'Install Option 2' links for standalone FS:WW1 and ther planepack - the option which doesn't need FS:SDOE, possibly the one you'rer after - seems to be working fine including the one to MoDB (whch site I have found to be a bit tricky to find the right item, without a direct link).

Edit - the Mod DB download link worked most times for me, others not, strange. I found clicling on the d'l link top left of the advert window, without waiting for the ad to play, worked.

Good hunting!

App 2015-07-30 19-57-00-04.jpg

App 2015-07-30 19-54-28-04.jpg

App 2015-07-30 19-52-18-68.jpg

App 2015-07-30 19-49-42-83.jpg

Thanks for the advice Lima . I still can't get it to complete a full download. The last few seconds remaining it kicks me off and won't let me retry to finish. My patience has run out for now . :suicide:

PM ArgonV I bet he can sort it out.

Thanks Bro, will do tomorrow. Those screen shots were amazing for a free combat flight simulator!!! Temporarily using my laptop as my old computer is finally DOA. That's what makes FS-WWI so attractive is it doesn't take a high end comp to play. Currently have 3 CFS3 installs , heavily modded, and Il-2 '46 fully patched on my laptop and they play well with mid settings. Adding a WWI sim would be sweet while i save enough to build my own gaming pc. :flyer:  

I had a lot of fun with FS:WWI.

That's where I started to love the Caudron G4

Glad you got sorted!

You can also get another free low-systems-requirement WW1 sim, Red Baron 3d, here:

http://www.virtualaces.net/redbaron/redbaron.html

...well, actually what you get is Red Baron 2 plus the official patches to upgrade it to RB3D.

You'd also want the Western Front Patch (WFP2, the latest version I think is available here: http://www.redbaron3d.net/- one of these unofficial user-made patches ('UOPs') is essential to get an improvment on the crude stock graphics, and WFP2 includes the terrain from the Promised Land payware addon. WFP is a 'time-based' patch which needs a utility like Campaign Manager to change the era, a bit like the one used for the CFS3 ETO mod. IIRC CM didn't work in vista and I had to track down an alternative - or maybe I just needed to install that vbrun300.dll that's on Al's Red Baron site. A Glide wrapper like nGlide or Glidos is also needed to get the best graphics. Still not as good looking at FS:WW1 but with Screamin' Demons' lack of a proper campaign system and that being Red Baron's strong point, it's worth all the rigmarole.

Baron 2015-08-02 10-48-39-36.jpg

Baron 2015-08-02 11-28-29-96.jpg

Thanks for the info,Bro. Think i have RB3D somewhere around here. Really been enjoying FS-WWI. This will definitely get me by till i build my new rig and beyond . Runs great on my laptop, smoooooth .