Sign in to follow this  
Velo

[Help] Is the gear torque arm function by IK bones ?

Hello,

I `m working on my jet. Now i get a question about gear torque arm function.

See my picture.

To get this torque function, Do i have to add IK bones to gear model in 3dsmax?

Is there something i should know before i link models to bones ?

-

post-36141-0-36777400-1438253307_thumb.jpg

-

i never try it that way ,would be cool if this works , sofar i animated each part separately

The problem is : If i need the torque arm move when touch ground, how to set the rotation animation? and the code in INI file?

Since the torque arm is moved by the lower cylinder upside moving when the wheel touch the ground, So, the animation of torque links can be defined by any fix parameter?  As far as i know, only IK bones in 3dsmax could lead to the result.

Maybe there is other ways to make it? I don`t know. Could someone tell me how to do

I would link top one  to gear strut,then lower one to 1st....set pivot to the position you want it to rotate ...and just animate it...I do both at same time and align the lower end by eye...

if you need it to operate also when it swivels with gear for say steering....create an invisible mesh to link them to and animate the" ghost" mesh for steering operation...then link ghost to gear strut or whatever

Edited by russouk2004

I do what Russ dose, except I add some temporary pins, linked to each arm at the Pivotpoint, then align the arms by their (the pins) centers. Remember to remove them before export.

• Like 1

Yeah i do that too...when centred and right size....centre pivot reset xform and then link to the temp cylinder,move to position....I attach the arm to the cyl,then when animated delete the cyl mesh and it leaves the arm now endowed with the cylinders correct pivot

I didn`t realize the torque arm rotation occupy one Animation ID. Now, things goes on. Thanks verymuch.

I also test IK animation, unfortunately it fails in game. Maybe i get something wrong, or the game does not allow IK animation. Well, i `ll go ahead with my project, if someone know about IK animation in SF game, please give me some hints. Thank you.

iirc engine doesnt support bones should tell you in exporter notes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By orsin
      I am thinking of a city night light solution. I would like to check if anyone tried this before, and what was the result

The idea is to use a semi-transparent low polygon box that provides a layer of orange colour near the ground. And set the element to be rendered disregarding light levels. Just like the light on carrier deck.

Each single element will cover a small area. Every 30/50  elements can be grouped to be 1 model to be placed to cover the entire road cross/block to simplify the planning. And they can be made destroya ble.

Anyone?

• By GKABS
      I decided to make a post so I can put all my work in one place I hope you okay with that.
      Okay here is the update of the M978/M977 HEMTT more detail will be added but this is how it looks so far.

• By Chakat_Avocado
      Is it me or the AI love to never lose energy and out turn me despite of their airframe limits including the G tolerance of the pilot? Let me know cause from other sources, I have heard more or less from each side of the debate. I would like to think that I am being cheated and robots have no brains on most levels.
    • By MarkEAW
      What can experienced users tell me about EAW 3DZ modelling, RS and tools?
      I'm not trying to build anything specific and I don't have a whole lot of time to learn, But highlights would be favorable.
      Like I know for EAWv1.2 there are specific programs used. I think I have them all. Unfortunately some are DOS , some are WindowsOS usage.
      I know you plan out the model before you begin using the 3DZ Studio program (which one is best?)
      How would I keep the RS in check as I add to the model?
      etc..

Thank you in advanced for the help and tips.

• By KJakker
      I found some free for download Star Trek plus a handful of Star Wars and other sci-fi models in MAX format. The creator David Metlesits has said that anyone can download and play around with them as long as he is properly credited.

Metlesits Fleetyards Gallary

Now I don't have MAX but there is one model in particular I really would like to be able to look at. Would someone be willing to convert the Vesta Class starship into a more common format for me?

Vesta class starship

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..