Hello guys

I'm searching for a good 3d model for the Tour Eiffel. As I'm working on this mod:

http://combatace.com/topic/83063-europe-total-war-1979/page-8?do=findComment&comment=698670

I felt that the only avaible Tour Eiffel in the whole SF world quite outdated since it even does not have a texture. So my question is, if any of you could search and find a proper 3d model that can be converted via 3dmax into SF2 , or if any of you could made one just for having it and use it.

Thanks for your time and help.

PS: I've been searching in turbosquid etc, and I did not find anything interesting.

Did you check it with mue's LOD viewer?

you can make a texture for it quite easily .... it's called for something called "oldmetal.jpg". And this is on the 2005, original version, NOT the one in the DAT ETO mod. (which might explain why it always crashed the game, when I was rebuilding the EAW Euro WW2 terrain with it in place)

try this below:

Uhmm something is going wrong because now the tour is not showing up in game. However at Mue's target viewer it does........... I'm using the one whose texture is  "oldmetal.jpg".

Uhmm something is going wrong because now the tour is not showing up in game. However at Mue's target viewer it does........... I'm using the one whose texture is  "oldmetal.jpg".

This is strange, I suggest changing the extension in the LOD from jpg to bmp, you can always keep the texture in jpg format though, the game should read it anyway.

Edited by blaze95

Did you check it with mue's LOD viewer?

you can make a texture for it quite easily .... it's called for something called "oldmetal.jpg". And this is on the 2005, original version, NOT the one in the DAT ETO mod. (which might explain why it always crashed the game, when I was rebuilding the EAW Euro WW2 terrain with it in place)

try this below:

Wrench, you might want to check your EAW Euro files is the SF2 downloads section. I just took a look at my ETO installation and the copy of the "sf2_ww2_europe_terrain.7z" file in my SF2 storage folder and both are missing the OldMetal.jpg file. 

This is strange, I suggest changing the extension in the LOD from jpg to bmp, you can always keep the texture in jpg format though, the game should read it anyway.

Nothing, for the game there is nothing there , it does not even show up the 3d model wihtout the textures...

yes, because I didn't know then what the problem was, and never placed the Tower. So, there's no skin for it.

--

FR:

try making an ini for it. Summat like this:

[LOD001]
Filename=Eiffel_Tower.lod
Distance=10000

[shadow]
CastShadow=FALSE
ShadowLOD=
ShadowType=
ShadowCastDist=
MaxVisibleDistance=

save as

Eiffel_Tower.ini

see if it shows. If not, then it's the lod that's toast.  Thing is, I never remember it working in the 1st gen version of the terrain.

It IS listed in the types, ini, right??? (I've made that mistake before!! )

Okay, I must have misread what you said Wrench. It is in the "EuroWW2_TYPES.INI".

[TargetType153]

Name=Eiffelturm
FullName=Eiffel Tower
ModelName=Eiffel_Tower.LOD
TargetType=Misc
ActiveYear=0
TargetValue=0
UseGroundObject=FALSE
DamagePoint=200.0
ArmorValue=28516080.0
ArmorType=2
RepairRate=0.150
StartDetectChance=150
StartIdentifiedChance=50
IncreaseDetectChanceKey=10
MaxVisibleDist=22000.0
DamagedModel=
DestroyedEffect=LargeTallStructureCollapse
DestroyedModel=Eiffel_tower.LOD
SecondaryEffect=LargeFire
SecondaryChance=100

ok after some experimentation, I can safely say the original 2005 lod is not working. at all

and the DAT tower, from 2014 looks like crap! unconnected meshes, it's just really bad! (see below)

so, yeah, it looks like a new one will need to be built. OTH, at least the Arch de Triumph is working!

ok after some experimentation, I can safely say the original 2005 lod is not working. at all

and the DAT tower, from 2014 looks like crap! unconnected meshes, it's just really bad! (see below)

so, yeah, it looks like a new one will need to be built. OTH, at least the Arch de Triumph is working!

I was able to make it work, It looks just like your tower in the above pic.... and yes it is crap

We need a new one 3d gurus!!!!!

Edited by FRPignon