Sign in to follow this  
Veltro2k

KC-97G Stratofreighter

KC-97G Stratofreighter

KC-97G Stratofreighter

The KC-97 Stratofreighter was an aerial refueling tanker variant of the C-97 Stratofreighter (which was itself based on the Boeing B-29 Superfortress), greatly modified with all the necessary tanks, plumbing, and "flying boom." The cavernous upper deck was capable of accommodating oversize cargo accessed through a very large right-side door. In addition, transferrable jet fuel was contained in tanks on the lower deck (G-L models). Both decks were heated and pressurized for high altitude operations.

Notes:
serial numbers, while generic in nature, ARE for the model depicted (KC-97G). Decal randomization is true. All markings are decals.
Damage texture is in DDS.
End Service Year is 'best guess' (and longer than historical), but will cover until/if KC-97L is built and released.
Crew entry door is operated by the Standard Animation Keystroke , Shift/0 (zero). The standard bomb bay keystorke, Cntl/0 (oh) operates the refueling boom.
---------------------------------------------------------
credits:
Veltro2K for the aircraft
TMF for alt flaps & alt geat sounds
??? for gear hydralics sound
AvHistory (GregoryP) for engine sound
Cockpit by Dels (from C-123; more "steam gauge" looking)
Decals, ini work, screens by Wrench (hangar screen SF2 version of V2k original)
THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

• Like 6

Nice job!  When I was in SE Asia, my outfit's base flight was still operating KC-97s as transports (not tankers) in 1969.

Outstanding job Veltro2k - Will be great addition to the series.

Much appreciated

NIELS  :imhappy: 

Very good stuff! This is an important plane with the B-47s!

Thanks a lot!!! :bye:

While working on a template for it I found that there's a 2/3rd of a pixel mapping shift between the left and right part of Nacelle2 (the right inboard engine nacelle; the other nacelles are affected by a much smaller shift - I'd say about 1/6th of a pixel at worst -, you have to be on top of it for it to be annoying, but on Nacelle2 it's fairly noticeable), any chance of a correction ?