Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Bulgarian Su & MiGs

Great shots in deed, must say though, that the camo on the MiG-21 looks much better now that it has warn off a bit, it looked kind of funny when the the paint was still fresh.

The shots are from a recent training in Bulgaria.

Edited by Svetlin

Great shot of that MiG-21. Which version is it?

What a pity they are being retired. I hope some individuals will recognise their value (even though they were built in great numbers) and keep some of them airworthy...

Best regards,

X8X8X

Edited by X8X8X

As much as I love the fishbed, I guess 2015 isn't an early withdraw, especially if these are not Bison/Lancers. 

Looks like a MiG-21Bis...no doubt they would have gone a long time ago if the funds were available.

Yep, MiG-21bis. 2 MiG-21bis and 1 MiG-21UM were the last flying machines of the type in our Air Force.

AFAIK they are not officially retired yet, these 3 are still kept in flying condition and will be for some more time, however no more flights are planned.

• Like 2