Hey, I found myself a lot get confused with which missile come at me.. the radio command say "Missile launch", and when there isn't a blip I understand its IR so i deploye flares, after that in the log I see I have been shot by a AIM-120 AMRAAM.. Help about this one..

And btw, can someone give me a good tutorial how to avoid missiles ?

Yellow warnings are missiles aimed to your flight.

Red Warnings for missiles aimed at you.

Deploy chaff and flare and try to break as soon as possible. Avoiding an AMRAAM is not easy.

Well one thing to keep in mind is that in SF2 the players RWR does not detect active radar missiles.

Read the articles below from the SimHQ Air Combat Corner Library. I would also recommend reading "The Flight Briefing" section of this page under "Air to Air", the articles are old but still relevant.    

Tactics 101 – Offensive & Defensive Maneuvers

A2A Weapons Delivery In Strike Fighters

Edited by KJakker

Try to have an awareness of the airspace. The Rwr not detecting AHM is a pain but can atill be defeated. I believe EricJ wrote a tactic guide for missile defense.

What i do try to determine where the missile was launched. You have no bandits in sight and Red Crown doesnt give you a bandit within 25miles. Its an AHm you have 20 secs to 2mins to go down to the deck and break lock. You're in a fighters bowl with less than 5 miles separating you're flight and the eny. Don't take chances and drop both flares and chaffs and try to get to the deck. I once was able to get a flight of flankers expend their missiles by going round in circles popping in and out between 600 ft to less than 200ft.

The only way I've been able to defeat AHM's was by hitting the deck and making tight turns once you figure out which direction the missile was launched from. Not exactly "tactical" and probably not how you would do it in the real world but it has saved my virtual life quite a few times. Doesn't always work though...

Look in your controls menu for a key that reads "Last Radio Target". That, as far as I understand it, will designate as target the last entity mentioned in the radio. When an enemy launches a missile at you, using this key will automatically select the launching platform. If the platform in question is a NATO plane launching from afar, and you have no RWR sound, chances are he just launched an AMRAAM at you.

It also works with SAMs and MANPADs, so you can discern between IR and radar-guided missiles.

Do not fly in any year beyond 1992.

That won't save you from the F-14s.  XD

Thanks guys for helping..

when I hear the RWR sound or missile launch, I launch chaff and flares (3x) and after second just break hard.

usually my mistake was that I fly by 10,000ft in enemy teritory. from now on I am fly at 300ft max until I get into my own nation borders.