since i'm on a trend of updating my Sabre packs with corrected hit boxes and stuff, I was wondering if it would be ok with all you if I had a go at your Canadair Sabres, too? Basicly, rebuilding the FM to match the E types (and my Mk. 4 & Mk.6), correcting the hit boxes and such.

also, would it be ok if I used you CL13B "widgets" on my 2 birds? (that is a NEAT little item!) Might want to borrow the ejection seat too..

I just wanted to ask!

thanks!

• Like 2

Hurry up wrench, I want to start a Pakistani Sabre campaign  :beta:

• Like 1

:biggrin:

I'll do my best!

thanks RC!!

what cracks me up with this whole thing with the hit boxes and such, is we simply NEVER knew how far off they were, and that the 2 outer wing sections* have been named incorrectly in the data inis since like forever!!!

below are the boxes, corrected and in their original state.. pretty weird, huh??

* = Right_Wing_Outer --> RightOuterWing

Left_Wing_Outer ---> LeftOuterWing

with the node names wrong, no box appears!!

we must constantly thank Mue for his lod viewer tool!!!

• Like 1

* = Right_Wing_Outer --> RightOuterWing

Left_Wing_Outer ---> LeftOuterWing

with the node names wrong, no box appears!!

fixed in wings over korea on several aircraft with this bug among many damage modelling stuff;)

we must constantly thank Mue for his lod viewer tool!!!

Ditto x 1000! I think LODviewer brings damage modelling to modding which was almost nonexistent before.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

ok, another question, pertaining to the GAF "Late" version, the camo one. When did they change occur, from NM to camo? Both the late and early mods use the same operational year ranges (1957 - 1966), and that can't be quite right?

I know they were delivered and used in the NM, then where repainted. But what year? None of my source books say anything about that.

The 75 Canadair CL-13B Mk.5 which were a present from Canada to train German Pilots (used until 1962) were dilivered in the original Canadian Camo.

The 225 Canadair CL-13B Mk. 6 used the German camo from 1962 on.

Edited by 7eleven

excellent! that 's what I needed.

what I'd thought of doing, and rejected due to the possibility of fouling up campaigns like in NATO Fighters, was combining the Early and Late aircraft into one package, converting the skins to jpg, and using the SF2 "date switch" to turn them on when the change occurs. There's no (real) differences between the 2 aircraft, just the skins. When Sidewinders are added, that could/can be done wtih a "year & country specific loadout statement' in the loadout ini.

But, I really don't want to add more (re)work to the campaign guys! So, it'll stay at 2 aircraft, the early ending in 62, and the late starting in 62!

many thanks!