EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

Was talking with ggrotor about this, and making what are called "Speedballs", or bags filled with basic supplies in the real world. Given that there isn't a need for water in-game I've so far managed to come up with this as some basic items:

- 20 First Aid Kits

- 10 White Smoke Grenades

- 20 RGO Hand Grenades

- 4 Designator Batteries

We discussed ammo but overall given the plethora of mods I'm not including any kind of ammo, even BIS ammo given player preferences. The Raven PMC will get a specific set of ammo but overall this due to ArmaLogic it's basically a Carryall rucksack, so when you need a resupply of the basics, then the pilot has to land, and a player has to go grab the ruck out of the helo, and so on. Again if milsim units have their own specific requirements please don't ask me to make them as that's not my responsibility to manage your players and assets.

Updated Speedball load:

- 20 First Aid Kits

- 20 40mm HE grenades

- 20 RGOs

- 2 Laser Designator batteries

- 10 White Smoke grenades

Each helo (except for the Civilian aircraft) will have 2 Speedballs, may increase to 4.

Edited by EricJ

Updated Speedball (and final):

- 20 First Aid Kits

- 20 40mm HE grenades

- 2 Radios (should populate given various mods)

- 2 Laser Designator Batteries

- 18 RGO Hand Grenades (to make room for the Radios)

Okay I think Game Logic will give a radio anyway, so no Radios, maybe a GPS or two, but no mod support.

Final list:

- 20 RGO Hand Grenades

- 20 40mm HE Grenades

- 20 First Aid Kits

- 2 Laser Designator Batteries

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtX1d4SWh0RFNKelk/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Heloskins RC3 RC3
- Added SKRAM and Speedballs (modified Carryalls) to the inventory list for each helo (check readme for contents).

Edited by EricJ

This was asked for on the WithSix topic but given the requestor's desire and game limitations on mapping:

wip1628.jpg

Given that this will be an addition to the Helo Skins I won't be adding the two Huron versions to the UH-60 pack, keeps things focused and sane.

Hellfire reshaping:

wip1626.jpg

Apparently size does matter :D

wip1629.jpg

Seriously:

wip1631.jpg

Got the MFD wired for the MMS:

wip1632.jpg

Some other things I've been working on lately:

- Integrating the ZLT_Fastrope script into my birds, JShock has been helping me with that and it's slow progress but I'll have to contact zlt anyway if it comes down to we can't get it fixed (UH-60).
- I've been spending some time in getting the doors to animate, so all versions that actually carry troops will have them, along with simplified Fire Geometries to make things simpler, and it's showing some promise, so hopefully once that's good to go I can do other things (UH-60)

Arma 3 Public Training Scheduled:
When: Friday March 4  2000 EST to 2100-2200 EST
TS IP: ts45.gameservers.com:9188
Server IP: 63.141.226.59
Port: 20302
Training: Helicopter Insertion/Extraction Techniques.(Troop Helicopters only)
Mods Available (not required):
RHS: AFRF
RHS: USAF
EricJ UH-60 RC17
Task Force Arrowhead Radio

If a milsim unit wants to "reserve" let me know and I'll close it off but be advised that I'll be around, if nobody shows I'm locking the server and the TS back up. Recommend a few pilots (3-4) or if a milsim unit needs to help, then let me know.

Managed to get the doors working (finally):

As the video shows the Right door needs some tweaking as well as disengaging he FFV when closed needs to be added, at least finally works right...

Also I'm looking for some cool images to add (a few would be nice) for the Steam Workshop page since I spend most of the time flying it :)

FInally got the doors looking right:

Right now the "major" issue is clipping, I don't know if you're stuck to one Anim as it obviously didn't switch to another animation as I can set (I think) a crouching animation so when the doors are closed your feet aren't sticking out. If nobody has a problem then I'll go that route.Fransden sent me his source work to help out and it's been a major help in getting things working.

Edited by EricJ

And the new animation:

wip1635.jpg

Obviously I need to move it back but may restrict arcs a bit more but... when the doors close you're not getting shot by enemy fire. If there's a more cooler pose (as well as safer) I can use that instead, but given there's no way to switch anims this is what you'll get. Needless to say when the door closes you can't fire.

ACE3 compatibility (now that I have some "time" to relax after all this door work and only tweaking stuff. Right now I have enabled ACE3 interaction for the Helfires (still haven't shown up yet, I think a Tools Update will fix that issue, usually does) but I poked around the GitHub for ACE3 and didn't find any specific code so if there's something for the Medevac then if somebody can point the lines or reference a mod that uses it I can look there.

A couple more addtions to the UH-60 pack

- US Army and US Navy are now "Factions" within the game structure so they can be separated and organized accordingly.

Some other things going on:

- Texture work for the gun pack, next weekish.

- Some DCS stuff that I need to work on that I've been putting off.

- Kiowa. It's not a priority but will be tinkered with , but not forgotten either.

Due to the continued harassment from Karen Libera Smith, Public Training is canceled. I'm sorry but she wants some attention, so I'll spend that time filling out some reports to the FBI.

Training is still on for tomorrow night. Sometimes drama has to force it's way in my life, and frankly I have no time for it. I just don't.

Anyway, been pulling my hair out trying to get the UH/MH-92 doors to operate all day and last night. Turns out I needed to adjust some setting and it works, somewhat. Funny thing is the S-92s worked fine without any tweaking, but the UH/MH versions needed some special settings. So right now the UH/MH-60s all work, remember those that actually have a troop carrying capacity (even the two bubba MH-60S) have animated doors. I'm sure there are some who want to look at a cheaply textured box but no, I'll leave those alone.

RVMAT tweaking, seeing how things look with a SOCMOD version from Warlord554. Also note the new geometries I lifted from the A2 Merlin, given that the door anims work now, I had to move to these in order for the windows to move with the doors properly.

wip1636.jpg

wip1637.jpg

wip1638.jpg

And giving a bit of a facelift for some cockpit textures. I"m also in the process of removing the old A2 geometries and adding better displays:

wip1639.jpg

Edited by EricJ

And some -L cockpit tweaking as well:

wip1641.jpg

wip1642.jpg

Some more work, added a NON-FUNCTIONING SO FAR PNVS geometry. If I can get it to slave to the CP/G it'll be a cool feature but for now it's just "there":

wip1643.jpg

And for the gun pack, a basic black scheme for the Initiative Pawnee (BIS scheme):

wip1644.jpg

And some UH-60M version MFD work:

wip1645.jpg

And finally without too much trouble:

wip1646.jpg

wip1647.jpg

On the Gun Pack front:

- Took a leaf from ACE3 and added some Laser Guided mortar rounds, only four though for some game balance, and the M252/L16 has only four smoke rounds instead of eight, had to sacrifice some things.

- Barrett M468 needs some polishing up and then I'll be able to integrate it into the pack, as well as take it to the WeaponSmith and get it setup for use. That so far will be the only gun addition as I don't have much.

- Got the Initiative Pawnee and :Little Bird setup so that's good to go. Just need to do the Offroad texture and Kamaz textures and they'll be good to go.

Kiowa:

- Haven't forgotten about it, it's as it comes along, so not given up on it but there is a lot of things to play with for the UH-60s so that's been my major focus, but won't leave the Kiowa to rot.

After some thought I'll push for a release for the UH-60 pack as an "alpha" until the Hellfires show up. Other than getting the -60M cockpits working reliably there's not much else for me to add so yeah, Monday once I get the cockpit working.

Been working on the UH-60M series cockpits and giving some analog function, so far the Altitude and Knots dials work, the Vertical Speed one is being a bitch, so I may just position the needle and call it a day, it just won't be nice.

This is a WIP functions video showing the UH/MH-92s and some basic functions. The door commands show up like that ONLY on the MH/UH-92s, they work fine on the S-94s, the civilian birds (had to rename due to there is a real S-92 in existence) and the -60 series fine, go figure:

wip1651.jpg

Wax Off:

wip1652.jpg

Currently it works for the Pilot MFD and not yet for the copilot/Gunner, and the new MH-60M/S right MFD. I'm thinking of moving the compass to the left MFD (where the artificial horizon is) and work on that post-RC18A:

wip1653.jpg