EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

WIP MH/UH-60M cockpit (latest build is different):

wip1654.jpg

And some reskins of the vanilla helos:

wip1655.jpg

wip1656.jpg

FIOR NOW there is no emphasis on doing any ports as they're just better looking than the Olive Drab that A3 put out. If you need a better AH-6 obviously look into the MELB by Diesel.

Current RC18A UH-60M cockpits:

wip1657.jpg

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtTGRZWUNoUGZtLXc/view?usp=sharing

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ UH-60 Pack RC18A
- UH/MH-92 series known as the Cherokee.
- Raven PMC UH-92 shows up in Zeus correctly.
- Revamped the HUD code, with thanks to Kimi-uy for allowing me to use his code from his HUD MOD (I'd check it out if you haven't). It should be noted that measurements are in Imperial and not in Metric.
- Added a TF 160th pilot unit, for the SOAR birds. It has an added HK416 with BIS suppressor capability only (They're pilots, not commandos), a linked ARCO and IR pointer.
- Added PVS-15s for the SOAR pilots, models and textures courtesy of Warlord554, available in Tan and Black.
- SOAR birds have adjusted internal cargo loads, now have two HK416s as additional weapons as well as 14 magazines (7 per weapon) in case of self defense needs.
- Added various bits to the xx-92 birds, geometries courtesy of ADuke823.
- TextureList finally works.
- HMD code added to the MH-60S series birds.
- Cleaned up more Geometries as well as improving existing ones for all models
- Added an MH-60L, basically an M version without the EOTech sights and old school dashboard.
- Fixed the UH-60 MEV and UT (Unarmed/ESSS) shadow LODs.
- Tweaked some textures.
- Added an S-94, which is a civilian version of the Cherokee series, it has no HUD and carries 16 instead of 12 people, and has no weapon capability.
- Added the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as a new faction.
- Added the US Navy as a Faction
- Added the US Army as a Faction
- MH-60S (M197/DAGR) and MH-60S (M197/Hellfire) missiles fire from the right side only.
- XX-92 series have specific Wrecks when damaged or destroyed.
- S-94 series have sling load cameras for sling load operations. Normal UH/MH series still rely on people interaction for sling loading.
- Pip screens now work, a "One Geometry size fits all" and is set only for the birds that have the various FLIR systems installed.
- Revamped the majority of geometries with A2 Sample Model stuff, to enhance the look of the XX-92 series aircraft.
- Added some more animations for control sticks on various birds, as well as updated Memory points.
- Added SKRAM (Survival Kit, Ready Access, Modular) Kitbags for the normal UH-60s, as well as SOAR and PMC, and Civilian specific bags. They are in the helos and specific to each type.
- Fixed the M240 traversing issue, weapons now move as they should (no reverse axis).
- Added two MH-92 DAP versions, one "Assault" version that can carry up to four additional soldiers and is equipped with Hellfires and DAGRs. The other one mimics the MH-60M version, one M230, four Hellfires, as well as DAGRs.
- Added a Defensive IR Jammer courtesy of Kimi-uy and is installed on all aircraft.
- Added sling load points for all aircraft, with the exception of the MH-80. It should be noted that not all aircraft can be slingloaded due to weight.
- Tail elevators now animate.
- Added formation slimers for the UH/MH-92 aircraft, and is operable separate from the normal lights as per real world use.
- Added a slingloadable container, purchased from TurboSquid here: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/container-3d-model/821292.
- Added some RotorLib Support, should work fine for those who use the Advanced Flight Model to all aircraft
- UH-60M and UH-60 (Unarmed) have accurate weights, so can be slingloaded by the CH-67.
- Containers support Hiddenselections (thanks to poolpunk). However they cannot be lifted, not even by a Huron.
- Added Sling load Memory points to various helos that were missing the memory point.
- UH-60 (Medevac) and UH-60 (Unarmed/ESSS) have a lift capacity of 3,600kg. Other aircraft have it listed on the Readme.
- Added an "MH-6 Little Bird", as well as an "AH-6 Little Bird", which are basically reskinned AH/MH-9 Pawnee/Humminbirds. They are specifically for the 160th Aviation Faction only. They have the same gear as the other 160th birds.
- Uodated Hellfire models courtesy of ADuke823.
- Added "Speedballs", which are large modified Carryalls with basic BIS supplie (Frags, 40mm grenades, First Aid Kits) for immediate resupply for basic ammo. It should be noted that other than the Raven PMC specific version, it is up to milsim units to design custom versions for their specific needs. Every aircraft has 4 bags that can be used (including the MH-80).
- Doors now animate properly, with help from Frandsen's source models in getting it working. It should be noted that the pilot, and crew can open the doors, to include the infantry in the compartment.
- FFV positions have been tweaked to accomodate for the new door animation change.
- Hellfires support ACE3 functionality, as well as the MEV should support ACE3 medical functions.
- Broke down the various PBOs so now there is one main config PBO, one actual mod file PBOs, as well as for any gear due to game mechanics for gear related models and equipment.
- Only the Pilot MFD can be shut off via the Action Menu, when able functionality will be given to the Co-Pilot/Gunner
- Added a fake PNVS turret system. Right now it cannot do anything special other than move with the turret.

KNOWN ISSUES (RC18A)
- Left door opens and closes when a player enters the cargo area. Doors still can be opened and closed normally afterwards (make sure everybody is inside first and then go from there).
- For some reason the actions on the UH/MH-92s are separate commands, however the S-94s and UH-60s work fine. Why? I don't know.
- Hellfires on the MH-92 DAP (Assault) and the MH-92 DAP (M230/DAGR/HF). Once they appear I will re-upload (as RC18) and go from there.
- Fastrope system doesn't work.

Also thanks to ggrotor for good SME advice.

Okay moving on:

- Gun pack work (textures and related work)

- DCS skin work, been putting it off but needs to do some for the Super Hornet project.

- Kiowa work

- And any UH-60 stuff based on feedback and so on.

And Initiative Offroad/Armed Offroad in black. I could go darker but overall it's looking good where it's at, and frankly needs a Decepticon symbol somewhere :) :

wip1658.jpg

wip1659.jpg

Black Initiative Truck:

wip1660.jpg

Been getting some complaints about zeroing with the M107, I have tweaked it and seeing if that will help given a couple complaints that were brought up during gameplay so next version I'll hopefully fix that issue.

Okay some things while doing some work on the DCS: Super Hornet project on the "off-time":

Gun pack

- Broke down and made a 10-inch SBR HK615, given I play Insurgency a lot with CSAT I prefer it better.

- Tweaking inertia to reflect SBR lengths, I'm using the base Ultimax 100 given it's a longer barrel (don't remember the length) and reducing base weapon inertia from there.

- Broke things down to three PBOs like the UH-60, as it's getting annoying waiting around 12 minutes for one small fix. All configs (Launchers, Items, Pistols, etc.) are now in one PBO so I can get things done quicker

- Magpul magazine models for the HK615s. Just a modified version of the 30-rounder that the 5.56mm weapons.

- Still need to verify zeroing distance settings for the Barrett M107s and M103.

UH-60 pack:

- MH/UH-92s have two MFD pages for the pilots, the FLIR display and the Slingload page (both are on when spawning, so if needed you can turn them off, currently operable in the pilots slot still

- Condensed some textures for less impact and usage, the less I have the less to worry about, things seem okay with the changes, so nothing special.

- For the MH/UH-92s only I removed that inert rescue hoist. If there's a way to make it worth the polys I'm open ears as I felt they would be useless on those aircraft, and it cleans up the lines a bit.

- The S-94 Sling Load MFD is a better geometry, looks better than a slab of geometry. I may move it to the pilot's MFD instead.

- Various other fixes and tweaks

Kiowa:

- Very little time but finally got the rotors to start in the place that they should be, but the main rotor is being retarded so I'll have to see that next week.

And some various WIP images:

wip1661.jpg

wip1662.jpg

wip1663.jpg

wip1664.jpg

wip1665.jpg

wip1666.jpg

Having some fun....

Open Practice

TS: ts45.gameservers.com:9188
Port 20302

Okay:

Gun Pack:

- Barrett M107s and M103s have a max zero for 2000m (confirmed)

UH-60 Pack:

- Adjusted cockpit positions (Pilot,Co-Pilot) so the hands actually hold the control stick and the collective lever

- MH/UH-92 Pilot MFDs has a Sling Load camera view and FLIR view. By default they're "off" so you can turn them on as needed. Still trying to get the Gunner's one to shut off. It's not a priority but overall something in case.

Kiowa:

- Main rotor turns but when it goes to blur, it stays static, and checking the named selections everything mirrors the UH-60s, so it should, work.

Some UH-60 work, getting the cockpit sticks working more visually better:

wip1668.jpg

Okay a quick update:

Gun pack

- Back sight of the M468 still not working for some reason, but the others do, may be an issue with Addon Builder

- Otherwise Barrett M468 works, and quite well. Right now needs a competent, reliable artist who does guns to get the new model done right. It is UV mapped but I don't have the inclination to work on guns since i suck at gun textures.

- I may look into adding a VEPR that ssplainskin has been bugging me about, more on that later on.

UH-60s

- Fixing a lot of bugs, still no Hellfires. ADuke is making some futuristic looking ones and that may go on the MH-92s if they show up in-game.

- Methinks because how the configs are setup, Manual Fire just doesn't want to work with me, which is very strange as it... should. So you'll have to sit in the Co-Pilot's seat for now or have a competent pilot in for the M230 armed versions

- I have an initial config for the AH-64D from A2, still need to take some time and get it fleshed out more, but it's there to be added. Given I only plan on doing one version (May do an non-radar D as well, given past history with Jane's Longbow many, many moons ago) but i I can get the UAV feed working, I can make it an "E" and so on. But for now expect a normal US Army D model, until told otherwise.

- I made a darker (believe it or not) skin for the MH-80 as well as more tweaks, but otherwise no real change to that.

Kiowa

- Main rotor is somewhat jilted too as it won't spin even though everything works, but that's the only issue, as I found some geometries from ADuke's sample work and modifying it to the newer airframe.  There are also pylons (or whatever they're really called) so once everything else works I can look at some armed versions.

And a couple WIP shots. more than likely next week I'll get back into more A3 stuff but for now just to show that things are still being worked on:

Also thanks from ADuke823, he remapped the UV for the ductfans, so now I can put some better (and needed) detail into the area. The S-94s show some areas where the blade mounts were removed but overall just better mapping so I can put more clearer warning signs, and so on:

wip1669.jpg

wip1670.jpg

And the "new" MH-80 skin. Looks actually a bit better than the BIS one but not by much:

wip1671.jpg

And the current glass for the Kiowa:

wip1672.jpg

And some glass work on the Kiowa:

wip1673.jpg

wip1674.jpg

Okay some things:

UH-60 and Weapons Pack:

- Now condensed into two PBOs (one for the weapons, other for the various gear, etc. and configs

Kiowa:

- Finally figured out how a stupid simple thing got the main rotors working, now I can focus on adding details and so on to get a good alpha going.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtME5oRThvOHBsYjQ/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack RC79

- Added Black skinned vehicles for the Initiative Faction, a reskinned Offroad, Initiative Gun Truck, Zamak Transport, as well as reskinned (BIS) Initiative Pawnee and Littlebird.
- Added a Laser Guided round for the M252/L16 mortar, which is designed for anti-vehicle rather than anti-personnel work. It should be noted that the White Smoke rounds have been reduced to four rounds as a game balance.
- Barrett M107/103s now can be zeroed up to 2000m.
- Added a 10-inch HK615 in black as well as Desert versions. The PMAG is still very much WIP.
- Added Barrett M468, it should be noted that it is in an Alpha condition but good enough to shoot with. It should be noted due to some bug the backsight won't flip down right so it is currently permanently down. Once I figure out the issue and get the textures finalized I'll make it work.
- Condensed some configs and the gear to two PBOs.

Went on the TF Warhorse server to chill, max and relax, and noticed some serious bugs:

- Re-downloading the Tools jacked up some RVMATs, fixed.

- Went to go toss a grenade, the damn thing fell out of my hand, butter fingers? Nope bad config checking. most definitely fixed (nothing like getting blown up by your own gear lol)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtcE1HMXBNN1c0V3M/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EricJ Weapons Pack RC79.1

- Fixed paths for grenades, now throws correctly
- Repacked U100 PBO, now optics work as they should.

Okay some things:

In a few days i should be "off" from DCS, I'm finishing up a VFA-122 Desert skin and have to knock out VFA-31 (the whole squadron anyway) and then I can get back more into A3 stuff. Again I've been doing here's and theres and getting things retweaked:

Gun pack

- I"m a big Space: Above and Beyond fan so right now I can do that pistol (M70) from the show, with some various tweaks given A3 functionality, more to follow on that.

- Took some time to tweak the sounds, as I'm still using pre-1.56 sound configs and again having more issues with sounds, which is weird since I never hear MX's but hear everything else, and not other mods. On the other gun mod note I can't take responsibility for other people's work so coming to me about hujamaface's mod is kinda stupid, as if they're having an issue with their mod, then go to them, simple.

- HK615s are going to get Magpul magazines, just to make them look a bit better.

UH-60

- Still fighting the AH-64 a bit, as it's being a real bitch getting to just work right. It's slowly coming along but that'll be some time.

Kiowa:

- Again haven't been able to touch it much, but will.

I've started to use TrackIR for about a week now and remembered some commentary about 3D scopes and how it disorients people and so on, and how 2D scopes are preferred because of it, so I recorded this video just to show how you can still use a TrackIR with my scopes.

Some more stuff:

UH-60 pack:

- After an experiment I found that creating a new model actually solved the "Invisible Hellfire" Syndrome, so I'm creating a new missile entirely, the "AGM-117 Rattler" to kind of move away from the whole current tech and go with something newish, but is just an improved HF anyway. So they're showing up and I'm developing the design based off of a design ADuke823 made and he has no time getting to me, so I'll make my own thing so now they show and that's what's good/ What's weird now is no worky still, so have to troubleshoot it. The DCS stuff is finally getting done (I never figured a skin would take a total of a day to finish but.... whatever) so I'll be slowly working on the A3 stuff hopefully within a few days or so.

New WIP Magazine for the HK615s, liike the Mk200 the bullets are red and so on and so forth:

wip1676.jpg

AGM-117 "Rattler" WIP:

wip1677.jpg

wip1678.jpg

And lo and behold the start of the Apache:

wip1679.jpg

wip1680.jpg

wip1681.jpg

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmteXBPVUkyc24zaGc/view?usp=sharing

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ADuke823's UH-1Y Venom

RC1

- First Release

This is a model that ADuke823 sent to me to help with a project (UH-60s) and when talking to him, said that it was kosher to release given I fixed a lot of the things that he didn't have time to fix, so it works, it flies and What You See Is What You Get for now. Given most of the hard work was done, all I needed to do was make it workable. The helo features a left M2, and right M134, and two FFV spots. Doors stay open (door gunner reasons) but it shoots and kills things.

Edited by EricJ