Sign in to follow this  
Adger

WOFF V3 Released...Also Historical Skinpack is a free 1.5 GB download

I first thought it was a belated 1st April joke - Xmas in May, so to say.

But it is true!

Could you already try it out a little, Adger?

Looks pretty good ....   Not many new aircraft but lotsandlots of other stuff. 

Thanks for posting over here, Adger!

Your welcome guys..it really is a step up from WOFF V2 from the short time ive played..ive posted some shots in the Screenshots section

Your welcome guys..it really is a step up from WOFF V2 from the short time ive played..ive posted some shots in the Screenshots section

'Checked out the screenies. Very nice stuff. 'Love the glossy light on the wings. Real ROF stuff. I may have to upgrade.

I am downloading WOFF V3 now.   It's a pity that the Rand is now 15 to the dollar but as it will most likely get worse now is the time.  I haven't even been flying WOFF much lately but I do like to suppord OBD and do want to see what the latest release looks like. 

It's awesome.  Here's a few various campaign videos to see it in action, if you choose.

Edited by Hellshade

Great Stuff! (as usual) There's nothing better for getting the eyes full open (and the juices flowing) in the morning than a cup of hot coffee and some new films from Hellshade.

(1) In the first film (around 2:20) you seem to be struggling with gun jams...yes? And the film fades out, comes back, and fades out, and every time it appears that the same Camel is still sitting squarely in your gunsights. Was that really the same plane?

(2) 5 Things Learned In 8 Minutes with Spads: what were they? Other than watch your six. Must say WOFF3 has a dynamite Damage Model. Your Dr.1 was fairly peppered.

I was suffering from horrible gum jams.   They just wouldn't clear.   And yes it was the same guy,  It wouldn't have been if my damn guns stopped being jammed!  LOL

5 THINGS I LEARNED IN A VERY LONG 8 MINUTES AGAINST SPADS

1. Spads suck. By which, of course, I mean they are awesome opponents even as I curse their existence. Incredible how well they would dive attack me, often in unison! Sure, I start off okay but it doesn't take them too long to start turning the tables on me and gain the upper hand. Teamwork & tactics. I hate them. Where is my Fokker DVIIF?

2. The DM in 3.0 is incredible. I left that fight like a DR1 - Swiss Cheese Edition. Holes in wings, guns, cockpit panels and gauges. Watch to the end. You'll get a great look at everything.

3. The AI is just plain better than it was in 2.0. The dogfights - time after time - are outstanding! They shoot more often and get both more hits and more near misses that make you cringe in your cockpit. I haven't had a bad dogfight yet since 3.0. There's one point where you see several streams of bullet trails whistle past my top wing from the Spad behind me. I thought I was dead.

4. You know a sim is great when just 8 minutes of combat feels like a half hour and your brain in glazed over from the stress of using every trick you have just to stay alive and maybe get some good shots in now and then.

5. I couldn't go back to WOFF 2 now that I've spent some serious time in the cockpit with 3. The upgrades to the total experience are just too essential. 

Edited by Hellshade

(1)I was suffering from horrible gum jams. And yes it was the same guy.

(2)Spads suck. Incredible how well they would dive attack me, often in unison! Sure, I start off okay but it doesn't take them too long to start turning the tables on me and gain the upper hand.

(1) Amazing that he just hung there. Was he too shot up to flee? And then, in the end, you ran out of ammo. Had to be his luckiest day.

(2) I knew SPADS were good at Boom-and-Zoom. You were in the quintessential Turn-and-Burn fighter. How are they in a turning fight?

(1) Amazing that he just hung there. Was he too shot up to flee? And then, in the end, you ran out of ammo. Had to be his luckiest day.

(2) I knew SPADS were good at Boom-and-Zoom. You were in the quintessential Turn-and-Burn fighter. How are they in a turning fight?

There is an option that reduces the AIs skill level once certain damage conditions occur, effectively reflecting the AIs inability to control their craft as well due to damage controls, etc.   He may not have had any options left.

Spads try to turn fight a bit early in the video and those are the ones I was able to take out.   Those making Boom & Zoom attacks  on me generally had much better success as you saw.   They slowly  picked me apart.   I presume the AI skill level has something to do with their attack methods but I couldn't say for certain.