MigBuster

Combat Air Patrol 2: Early Access June 6 2016

Maybe something we should consider supporting or at least giving the modders a home for those that are interested. 

• Like 3

Hope its "disabled friendly" like the Strike Fighter series.

Falcon

I will support it, hope they're succesful and the mods friendly enough so the game properly take off.

Three hours and counting as we write this post!

Ahead of the 6pm launch time we wanted to give you a more detailed heads up on what to expect from the launch build.

http://devblog.sim155.com/2016/06/like-phoenix.html

• Dynamic Campaign. We'll be improving the dynamic campaign by adding more targets, enemy capabilities such as mine laying, offensive capabilities such as integrating Tomahawk strikes into a mission package.
Edited by Do335

Are radio comms implemented in this build, or not yet? Knowing myself I tend to lose interest rather quickly if this aspect is missing. So if not I'd rather wait until full release, don't care if it means paying more money :)

Very usefull review, thank you

Jonathan thanks for the videos! One question, how's the avionics department? A-A radar and A-G radar? Are NVG included?

^ I make that three questions :tongue: .  However, I am interested in the answers also.

One question, how's the avionics department?

Barebones.

A-A radar and A-G radar?

Not yet, only different settings in the HUD

Are NVG included?

Not yet.

• Like 1

This may yet grow into something good. I'll be watching this one.

• Like 1

I really want this one to grow up into something bigger guys so yeah Erik, let's invite them it say I!

It's interesting to say the least at the current EA iteration; I DO like the feel of flying it has, lots of that comes from unusal -but very working for me- camera transitions, head movement, novelty view system. Water looks gorgeous, the way it shines, some really neat work on specularity there

as for AA/AG modes it's now more like SF on easy than FC2 but I think the guy's main priority is upping it a bit -also interestingly he seem not to want to poor DCS impostor but more lite sim -which is fantastic for me as I have not touched DCS and the modules (I spend upwards 250 bucks on by now) in ages for reasons that have alot with the fact fying 50s Migs over modern Georgia va A-10s ain't fun and not the fact I never landed my 21Bis in one piece, like totally guys :rofl:

• Like 2

Hey DO335, I watch a guy on youtube regularly called DevilDogGamer and he uploaded a video of CAP2. He loves the dynamic campaign idea and hope he can do CO OP in multiplayer. Check the video out.

As for me I'm gonna wait for few updates until I grab this. I'll tell you what I think of it as a disabled simmer ;)

Falcon

PS Want me to tell DDG about this forum?