I know from searching through the forums that some people have gotten the Campaign to work. I can't. I've tried to follow the advice given (changed all the dates, added missing aircraft, for example). Always crashes when I select Campaign.

I downloaded WOA and converted it -- everything works fine. I can't figure this out.

I think we need more details. Which campaign? And WoR is SF1. Did you convert it to SF2? If so, what did you do to convert it to SF2?

Well, there is only one campaign (Kursk). Yes, I converted it to SF2 (moved the decals around, created sf2 screens, removed the sf1 inis, replaced as many a/c as possible, created weapons and gun folders, and so on.). I did the same with WoA and the campaigns there work fine.

The missions work fine, the aircraft fly fine, but the Campaign always crashes. 

Well, I got it to work, although I'm not sure why. The campaign name in the Kursk.ini file was "Kursk 43". I changed it to "Kursk" and it worked. Which makes no sense as the campaign name does not have to be the same as the folder name anywhere else.

I changed it back to Kursk 43, and it still works.

OTOH, it was pulling campaigns from elsewhere, which I also can't under stand. I changed the name of the Campaigns folder to Campaigns_Russia and then created and changed the ini file in the home folder. Everything seems to be up and running.

Good to hear that. Congrats. If I remember the install directions I think renaming the campaigns folder "Campaigns_Russia" was important. Good troubleshooting.

Renaming the campaign files was described for ETO and PTO (the SF2 mods). It was not required for WoA and WoR (WoA works fine). But, OTOH, I'm not sure why what I did made it work.

I wonder if renaming the folder changed system ownership/permissions. That might explain why renaming it "Kursk" then back to Kursk 43 worked.