MigBuster

Combat Air Patrol 2 v806 live

Tuesday, 19 July 2016

v806

v806 is now live, main features added are:

• Radio Comms
    • A 'Radio Panel Toggle' input shows the radio UI. Keys 0-9 select radio pages and commands.
    • Functionality will be expanded over time with more commands and associated logic,
  • Wingmen formation flight
    • Part of radio comms, you can control wingmen formations. Use flight training mission 'Formation' to check it out.
  • Digital nozzle angles step through the following angles for more control in vertical flight:
    • 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 82, 85, 90, 95, 98.5
  • Custom nozzle stop added to controls.
    •  This is useful if for example you want to select 40° nozzle angle as you approach the end of the deck. To configure, set required nozzle angle then hold custom nozzle stop for 1 sec+. This records the stop position. A subsequent short press will select the recorded position.
  • Fixed an issue with AV8B rudder alignment
v807 should have mission planner updates, mission updates together with initial VR support.
I hoped to have mission planner updates in v806 so they are now item #1 of v807.
Mission updates will address presentation and content of current missions.
VR support is step #1 of the following
  1. Initialisation and render to Oculus\Vive
  2. Custom VR UI
  3. Custom VR Scenes
    • Control room & displays
    • 'Walk' to/around plane

Also cockpit model updates are due around the end of the month, I'm particularly looking forward to those :)

http://devblog.sim155.com/2016/07/v806.html

• Like 1

This looks really good. So is this a sim that you are developing?

Is CAP's learning curve as high as DCS? I think they have a "lite" setting to make it more casual like SF series, is this true, because it looks awesome from the screenshots?

This looks really good. So is this a sim that you are developing?

Not me........the sim155 team is lead by Ed Scio.

Early days yet with clickable cockpits planned it could end up like a slightly more involved SF2.........worth a try if you can though.

http://combatairpatrol2.com/