dtmdragon

F-4E(F) single seat Phantom detailed info?

Does anyone have any detailed info on the specific modifications to the F-4E that would have been done to make the German AF F-4E(F) had they stuck to the original order? As we already know it would have weighed less and had the 2nd crew member removed but how exactly would it have been done? Would the rear canopy have had a fairing built over it or simply had the ejection seat and controls removed? How much less would it have weighed etc?

I have this literature in pdf, if you want, I can send you

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

Untitled_2_copy.jpg

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

Edited by strahi

The World Air Power F-4 book shows a faired over rear canopy with the rear cockpit removed for the F-4E(F) referencing it as Model Number 98MZ.

Sundowner did a few single seater Phantoms IIRC,  possibly a basis for your project? 

The World Air Power F-4 book shows a faired over rear canopy with the rear cockpit removed for the F-4E(F) referencing it as Model Number 98MZ.

Could you post or PM me a picture please mate?

AFIIK, the single seat Pjantom had no Sparrow capability and was not able to air to air refueling.

Could you post or PM me a picture please mate?

Apologies Dan but I have no scanner at home but the side view really is just a standard F-4E. I'll borrow Mrs. Spinners iPad later and try to send a piccie.

IMG_0002_zpsjib2gc5r.jpg

Edited by Spinners
  • Like 2

Sundowner performed some sort of .lod magic and produced this on an F-4M:

F-4A-2.jpg

I adjusted Ravenclaw007's F-4E SEA skin to fit this and painted on a few rivets and panel lines:

Riveted Canopy-1.jpg

Also adjusted Sundowner's F-4E SEA skin for this.  I love Sundowner's mod but as it's for the F-4M it has this tailfin butt cap that can't be removed or edited out:

TailThing1.jpg

It would be great if someone with modding abilities would create a paintable inside cover like Sundowner's for the F-4E.  I'm just saying...

• Like 1

Don't you know how to use Mue's Lod Viewer?

that'll give the mesh name

but it you remove it, the fin will be short

Wrench,

I know how to use Mue's Lod Viewer.  It's constantly on when I'm skinning.

The problem with removing the butt cap is that it's part of the vertical stabilizer.  It can't be removed alone.  Remove the butt cap and you remove most of the vertical stabilizer.

Didn't Russo do a single seat F-4E?

Didn't Russo do a single seat F-4E?

Wasn't aware of one by Russo but would love to see it.

Sorry for necroposting, but anyone remember how that was done? cobering the rear canopy. Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Stratos said:

Sorry for necroposting, but anyone remember how that was done? cobering the rear canopy. Thanks! 

If I remember it right, the source file for the Phantom (F-4E) was available from TW somehow.

So that was a 3D Job, not just a paint job.

As far as I remember, it was once possible with the use of decals on SF1 games. With SF2 it is no longer possible, so the only solution would be to edit the 3d model somehow or create specific FakePilot parts.

15 minutes ago, Menrva said:

As far as I remember, it was once possible with the use of decals on SF1 games. With SF2 it is no longer possible, so the only solution would be to edit the 3d model somehow or create specific FakePilot parts.

with decals it works still in general..

Look at my RT-33A KLU Skin