#1 Skyviper

Skyviper
  • EDITOR
  • Political Arena
  • 1,730 Posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:10:14 PM

CombatACE Interview with Leslie "Bitchin' Betty" Shook

RS6yYX1.jpg

Pull up! Pull up! is a command many of us may be familiar with while using Strike Fighters or DCS simulators. But there are some here at CombatACE who may have heard the real thing. That automated voice is usually referred to as Bitchin' Betty. There are; however, several variants of the automated warning voice. Some call it Barking Bob, Naging Nora, and a few refer to the voice as Sonya, as in gets on ya nerves. Our spotlight; however, will be shining on Leslie Shook, the Bitchin' Betty, for the F-18 Hornets and Super Hornets.

We got in touch with the Boeing Corporation who gladly helped us to set up this interview, with Mrs. Shook.We sent her a list of questions and she took the time to record her responses. The original video is quite lengthy, which is why we've included a 2 minute version that simply goes over the highlights. Lastly there is a bonus feature. Deleted scenes set to a lovely song performed by Jenny's Vision Project. All of the aircraft featured are products of the Boeing Corporation.

It is now our pleasure to present this special CombatACE interview with a wonderful woman who has an amazing story to tell.

r8lxpJk.png

hg1AkuJ.png

MTdqnCG.png

• Erik, whiteknight06604, FalconC45 and 7 others like this

qJZSkJm.jpg?1

#2 mono27

mono27
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 489 Posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:12:06 AM

Finally I can see the face of "Betty".

#3 xrearl

xrearl
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • 280 Posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:37:21 PM

most excellent!

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
Ulysses S. Grant (1822 - 1885)

#4 FalconC45

FalconC45
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,685 Posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:20:46 PM

What was Boeing's reaction that a simulation site contacted them? I'm just curious. Falcon

#5 Skyviper

Skyviper
  • EDITOR
  • Political Arena
  • 1,730 Posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:10:45 PM

What was Boeing's reaction that a simulation site contacted them? I'm just curious. Falcon

They got back in touch with us very quickly. I was promptly connected with Leslie's representative (mentioned in the end credits of full version). Boeing is truly a professional company. Most folks wouldn't give us the time or day. Honestly I thought Boeing wouldn't even reply. I sent the query and a few hours later had several department heads emailing us back. Boeing Corporation is truly a professional company and if they can give CombatACE, this humble site of ours, the amount of respect and courtesy they have. Then you know they'll take care of their customers.

Also I mentioned a new series that is in the works. Some department heads are willing to work with us on that too. So stay tuned to CombatACE for more aviation based videos.

I'd love to tell you more about them ... but then I'd have to kill you...unless you're on the writing staff...but then you'd have to bring the snacks.

• FalconC45 likes this

qJZSkJm.jpg?1

#6 exhausted

exhausted
  • VALUED MEMBER
  • U.S. Marine Corps
  • 451 Posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:26:02 AM

Very nice! I'm very pleased that you gave us all some insight into this elusive and fascinating subject.

#7 FalconC45

FalconC45
  • ELITE MEMBER
  • 1,685 Posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:47:44 PM

They got back in touch with us very quickly. I was promptly connected with Leslie's representative (mentioned in the end credits of full version). Boeing is truly a professional company. Most folks wouldn't give us the time or day. Honestly I thought Boeing wouldn't even reply. I sent the query and a few hours later had several department heads emailing us back. Boeing Corporation is truly a professional company and if they can give CombatACE, this humble site of ours, the amount of respect and courtesy they have. Then you know they'll take care of their customers.

Also I mentioned a new series that is in the works. Some department heads are willing to work with us on that too. So stay tuned to CombatACE for more aviation based videos.

I'd love to tell you more about them ... but then I'd have to kill you...unless you're on the writing staff...but then you'd have to bring the snacks.

LOL I understand.

Falcon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests