Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Roucourt...

Hauksbee, this looks amazing! Great job!

I guess we should show it to Pol, before they start building it themselves!

One correction though - I guess it won't be hard to do: the roof was higher, before it was burnt down

at the end of WW1. Here is a postcard.

Ignore the wrong-looking name - it is the "Chateau de Roucourt".

Chateau_de_Roucourt.jpg

Thanks, Olham. Yes, the roof will be easy to change. And there were only two chimneys instead of four. And the color? Do you think it really was that pinkish cast, or is that just the way postcards were colored?

Edited by Hauksbee

Maybe you add a reddish tint - to the colour. I wish we had colour photos from those days!

Well, it's in OBD's hands now. We'll see what they do with it. (you might send them a copy of the postcard) I must say, it's quite pleasant having a model of mine in the game. In the future, (being a Quick Combat pilot) I shall make Roucourt my home base.

Edited by Hauksbee

Yes, when we have Roucourt, I will fly a looong Jasta 12 campaign with the "Black Tails"!

I'll send them the card.

Whoops! The deal is off. OBD says the polygon count is too high. I was afraid of that. I think it's all those windows. There's 54 of them, all build with geometry. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn how to texture properly in G-Max.

Yeah, those windows might look good enough as a texture only?

Below is a site that features many useful - FREE - textures.  Only downside is they are intended for modern games so they are quite large.  What I do is take a screen capture of useful looking textures - they are smaller - and then copy paste the captured wall, window, whatever into my model artwork.   http://www.textures.com/category/windows/147

post-39531-0-54767500-1472233074.jpg