Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Very specific request for Falklands mod

I've been on a Falklands/Malvinas kick recently (reading Hostile Skies by David Morgan), and I've been using the 2 RAF voice packs available.  Both are WWII-centric, and have some foibles.  But the thing I'm really looking for is a male with a Brit accent screaming about incoming SAMs and Missiles!   :)   Being a Yank, I can't do this myself, and was hoping someone out here might already have something usable.  Not asking for voice actors (unless you REALLY want to), but I was just seeing if there's another sim or game out there that may have these assets.  Did some digging in my DCS directory and found a few, but not exactly what I need.  I also tried some Text-to-Voice programs...with limited success.  They all sound like they are ordering soup instead of being targeted by Rolands.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone had a better idea.

I tried searching for some HUD footage of RAF and FAA flights...I'll watch this one, too...if only because I haven't see it yet.   :)

I've been trying to get this sort of thing done for ages mate without success.

It seems we Brits are all "Talley Ho old chap" or we say nothing at all.

Didn't DiD's EF-2000 games have British voices?

Well I think I've got a work-around.  I'm gonna replace the Voice files with an RWR alert.  Not realistic for IR missiles, but better than nothing.  AND gotta get rid of those "Jerry on your tail!" calls, as well.

Man I wish Jet Thunder hadn't self-destructed.