Has anyone tried to put an invisible skid as another landing gear for ditching or wheels up landings?

I thought some one did this in the past but cannot recall.

It was done by the A-team for a seaplane.  At one point, some of the Thirdwire models were actually capable of wheels-up landings, I recall once ditching an F-100 back in the SFP1 days.

wouldn't do any good...the models were revamped for SF2 (the lods have been changed)

don't see why you couldn't add an "invisible" skid 1/2 meter below the bottom of the aircraft, though. It'd have to be pretty large however (like, the size of the plane)

or rewrite all the collision points, but that would through everything else (damage boxes, etc) out of wack)

It had nothing to do with the data.ini, or the 3d model.  It was an issue with the 3d "world", and, if I recall correctly, was sort of related to the "bouncing MiG" issue that occurred after an early patch.

Has anyone tried to put an invisible skid as another landing gear for ditching or wheels up landings?

I thought some one did this in the past but cannot recall.

The BoB fighter FM's I did can do wheels up landings. I just more or less copied what Cliff did with one of his FM's. Here is a link to the BoB FM's if you want to check one out to see how it can be done. http://combatace.com/topic/83205-battle-of-britain-fm-pack/

• Like 1