Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Good Evening, Mr. Bond. Your vessel awaits..

Cool video, but I kept expecting Desmond Llewelyn to appear at any moment, and warn Harry to "Please bring it back in one piece" 

• Like 2

After the wings pop out, the ultralight leaves the rest of the boat behind, a very expensive one-time action.

"Oh grow up, 007!"

After the wings pop out, the ultralight leaves the rest of the boat behind, a very expensive one-time action.

"Oh grow up, 007!"

Hell, with a 50+ knot top speed (56 mph), you could launch a freaking Cessna from that thing!  

Those 520 HP 8.3 liter V8's (523 cubic inches) are manufactured in-house by Mercruiser, and though the design is loosely based on the Chevrolet Mark IV big block, they share nothing with any production engine.

vp3380098_1_large.jpg

Yes, but would it manage 50 kts with the added weight of a Cessna on top? :grin:

Well, taking into account that the AM37's fuel tanks, when full, would most likely hold more  fuel by weight, than a Cessna 172 weighs (dry weight, as the Cessna holds about 55 gallons of fuel itself). Then, on a 37-foot pleasure boat, one must assume an additional 50 US gallons or so of freshwater capacity, at 417 lbs.

My last boat, a 31-footer, held 225 US gallons of fuel in its main tank, and I added an additional 75 gallon auxiliary tank to augment my range.

The 54-footer that I captained, by comparison, held 1500 gallons (of diesel), though that vessel also displaced 40 US tons.