100 east german MiG-21 camos for MiG-21

100 east german LSK style camos for MiG-21F-13, PF, PFM, M and MF

This mod is made for SF2 AND WoE, WOI Kadesh

It is made for the original MiG-21 versions of the game, NOT for TMF MiG-21s.

----------------------------------------------------------
I. History

In the east german airforce LSK (Luftstreitkräfte) each single combat plane had a unique paint scheme. There was no standard for the form of staines, dots or stripes. So the technicians of the squadrons and repair facilities had free hand for the paintshop.
Originally it was intended to have a two tone camo. The colors had to be brown and green. But the tone of the paint was not specified, so that lighter and darker greens and browns were possible. It depended a lot on the availability of the paint. On the other hand the brown paint was very fast weathering, so that it appeared soon as a green tone. Nobody knows why the paint changed from brown to green. It simply happend. Perhaps it had something to do with the sun?
So a very wide range of colors was to find on the planes. In the late 80th a 3 tone camo was used.

This package contains 100 different camos, connected with the tactical numbers, so that you will find 100 planes each with an other unique camo. The camos are LSK style. They are not historical correct. The reason for this is, that there is no reliable source for the east german MiG-21 camo. All paintschemes, even that in the museums, are LSK style (freestyle). So i decided to make this set as freestyle. An eastgerman MiG-21 could have looks like that, what you find in this package.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

II.

CREDITS:

75 tactical numbers are made by PauloPanz for his MiG-21F-13 skin.! The other 25 i made myself.

The skins based on:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TK's stock MiG-21 skins, modified by me.
The camo decals are made by me.

III.

INSTALLATION:

-Unzip the folders into your object folder

In each "LSK 100" skin folder you find a subfolder "alternative decalplacement".
It includes a backup of the standard LSK 100 decals.ini and one decals.ini with an alternative placement of the decals. So the camo of the plane looks different by using the other decals.ini. Feel free to test out, which version you like more. Simply copy and past the decals.ini in the LSK 100 folder and let overwrite the existing decals.ini.

IV.

For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use the forum or send me a PM.
-------------------------------------------------------------

V.

The MiG-21camo set is FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
January 2017

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By toot

View File Israeli Mig-21F-13 "007" stock
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
      Submitter toot Submitted 01/30/2023 Category Israeli Origin  
    • By toot
      During Operation Diamond an iraqi pilot has decided to defect from iraq with his family, and so he had landed his Mig-21 F-13 in israel. This acquisition of the new and advanced soviet fighter has given israel alot of insight on its capabilities, and how to fight againts it. During it's service with the israeli airforce (and the US airforce), it has took on several paint schemes, this being the final and most used one.

To install simply follow this steps:
      1) Drop "007 camo" into Objects->Aircraft->Mig--21F.
      2) Drop "Mig-21F" into Objects->Decals.

Credits: 
      Spinners- Providing the stock tw mig-21F-13 template
    • By Gepard

View File MiG-21SMT
      MiG-21SMT  
      This mod is made for SF2.
      I. History
      One of the major problems of the MiG-21 was the short range of the plane. The reason for it was the small internal fuel volume. To solve the problem additional tanks on the back were installed. First one in the MiG-21PF, later three beginning with MiG-21R. When the soviet Air Force demanded to make the MiG-21 to a nuclear weapon platform soon the short range seemt to be the major problem. So the designers took the latest version of the bird, the MiG-21SM and increased the fuel capacity of the back tanks dramatically. The MiG-21SMT was born.
      In the troops the plane was not liked very well. The pilots hated it to fly such an non agile plane. The plane got the nickname "Humpback" and this was not meant positive.
      Later a lot of SMT were reworked "in field", the big backtank was removed and replaced by the backtank of the MiG-21bis Lasur. Such reworked planes were called MiG-21ST.

II.
      CREDITS:

While making the MiG-21SMT  i used a lot of files made by other modders. Thanks for this files!
      The LOD file is made:
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      The skin is made:
      ~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

The flight model is made :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      and modded
      by Spillone104
      and
       a little bit by me

The Cockpit is made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Paladrian (Mago)

The mods for the  engine exhausts, nose antennas and pitot tubes and the big backtank for the SMT are all made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

III.
      INSTALLATION:

IV.
      V.
      The MiG-21SMT and all containing files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      The additionally parts are NOT FREEWARE. Please check the readme of that files.
      VI. Known issues
      The plane is prepared for the file RED3201 which is taken from Red_Pilots_Part1 pack. This pack you find in the download area for first generation SF.
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      April 2021

Submitter Gepard Submitted 04/09/2021 Category MiG-21  
    • By Gepard
      MiG-21SMT  
      This mod is made for SF2.
      I. History
      One of the major problems of the MiG-21 was the short range of the plane. The reason for it was the small internal fuel volume. To solve the problem additional tanks on the back were installed. First one in the MiG-21PF, later three beginning with MiG-21R. When the soviet Air Force demanded to make the MiG-21 to a nuclear weapon platform soon the short range seemt to be the major problem. So the designers took the latest version of the bird, the MiG-21SM and increased the fuel capacity of the back tanks dramatically. The MiG-21SMT was born.
      In the troops the plane was not liked very well. The pilots hated it to fly such an non agile plane. The plane got the nickname "Humpback" and this was not meant positive.
      Later a lot of SMT were reworked "in field", the big backtank was removed and replaced by the backtank of the MiG-21bis Lasur. Such reworked planes were called MiG-21ST.

II.
      CREDITS:

While making the MiG-21SMT  i used a lot of files made by other modders. Thanks for this files!
      The LOD file is made:
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      The skin is made:
      ~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

The flight model is made :
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by TK
      and modded
      by Spillone104
      and
       a little bit by me

The Cockpit is made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Paladrian (Mago)

The mods for the  engine exhausts, nose antennas and pitot tubes and the big backtank for the SMT are all made
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      by Spillone104

III.
      INSTALLATION:

IV.
      V.
      The MiG-21SMT and all containing files are FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED!
      The additionally parts are NOT FREEWARE. Please check the readme of that files.
      VI. Known issues
      The plane is prepared for the file RED3201 which is taken from Red_Pilots_Part1 pack. This pack you find in the download area for first generation SF.
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      April 2021

• By m275500
      Hey guys, I have already made my campaign and it's working fine. Moreover, aircrafts' squadrons with  UpgradeType=ANY did respond to the command, but I can't upgrade my mig 21 for a weird reason.
      Look,
      UpgradeType=FIXED
      Upgrade[01].Date=6/5/1973
      Upgrade[01].Type=MiG-21MF
      Upgrade[01].Texture=Afghanistan3
      Upgrade[02].Date=6/5/1979
      Upgrade[02].Type=MiG-21bis
      Upgrade[02].Texture=SovietCamo1
      All aircrafts here has the name of their respective folder in object/aircraft, and that's the same case with texture as it has got the same folder's name. So, I don't really get the idea why it's not working should I gave it it's ingame texture name or use the texture folder's name (which I am already using) ? Or is there is something wrong with the command as it's under the missions types' commands not above it?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..