Sign in to follow this  
RustyKurnass

Presentation and some help request

Hi all ,

I've joined the site yesterday and wow!,a new world born for me!

I confess that I've circled the site for very long time before joining you.And this primary because I'm a very idiot,really, with the digital world!

One of the reasons is that,as a model builder I'm fixed with the details,and as good 3rdW can be,now after some years of play them,isn't enough for me.

After see how much talent live here,and the final results,I finally take some guts and create my account.

I'm principally focused to the 'Nam era,IAF/Arab wars and the most recent conflicts as ODS/OIF/OEF.

But having never installed a mod or skin,I need to made a try.

So following some tutorials on Youtube,I created a new Mod folder,downloaded the MigBuster  and F-16 generic-gray paks plus the AV-8BDA ( thanks all guys for your work!),followed religiously the read me instruction and ta-daaaan! all work as a charme!

So,heartened by the success,I downloaded the Redux ODS three-packs and installed as instructed.

I try a run but,despite the menu show new campaigns I never have,nothing DS;the last campaign available to me is Peace for Galilee as in SF2I.

What happened?

Maybe I need all tha planes present in the campaign like F-15C/E,EF/F-111s,F-18s,ecc... as add-on planes?

If yes,whic files I need to dw and ,eventually in what order?

This is very important to me,asI want upgrade/update all the other 3W titles to more recent conflicts.

I've a full merged folder of the 3W games from SF2 to SF2I,exp packs and various DLCs.

And about graphic details,how to improve the weapons aspect? For example,as all of you surely will know,the Aim-7 fins,since the -7F,was left in steel ;the 3W ones are all white like the -7D/Es.

Sorry for the long post and my bad English,but this is one of the reason to join community like our,at least for me!

Thanks all in advance,

Gianni

Good day guys,

last night I redo a .exe copy of SF2E and reinstalled the ODSExpPack, and all run fine!!!!!

Started a couple of campaign with planes that aren't 3W stock planes or in my add-on dw and all ok!

Thank you so much for your work!

Now,which Exp campaign I need for continuing the conflicts of SF2E in the mid-late '80s?

Gianni

Ok,but is best have a new .exe clean copy to avoid any possible conflict?

I think to create ( in affect I already done) a new .exe for every of the principle games I want expand,so a new SF2I,SF2E,SF2ODS,SF2NA.

Who do you think?

P.S.

I noted that if create a shortcuts of the copied .exe on the desktop,the games don't start,so I've to run the games from the program folder.

Not  headaches alright but a bit tedious

That is the beauty of SF/FE you can make as many duplictes of the sim as you like with different set ups for each, for example I have one that is purely for testing new stuff on, I usually use a desert map for that as it is better to see what is going on, NATO fighters can be either merged with SFNA, or with SF Europe, SFNA is better as it adds carriers into the sim.

That's true!

I'm currently trying these:

-SF2E with the eburger 68 ODSExpPak

-SF2I with the eburger 68 ExpPak

-SF2NA with eburger 68 ExpPak1

I started a pair of canpaign in ODS and 'till now all ok.

In SF2I I started a YKW campign and all fine,played a sin gle mission with a F-16C Barak and one with a Nesher

In NA I started a campaign with the Super Etendard,one with A-7E in the 1982 ,one with the F-18 in 1986 and a pair of single mission again with the Hornet.

And there I'd some issue:withe the Nesher and the Hornet,after completed the missions anh hit the Esc key to finish the monitor became blue with some kind of error message and the PC restarted in DOS as if suddenly stopped.

Now,my PC isn't the lastest one,and I'd some slowdown also with the 3W un-modded game ( especially NA ) but never similar to this.

I need to conrinue testing the games ( and probably buy a new computer...).

I will post any news.

Thanks to stop by.

The beauty of the SF/FE series is the modability, although some of the files are locked up, and we cannot get access to them, which is a shame as the mod has so much to offer, no other flight sim I know of has quite the amount of flyable aircraft, and scenarios available, yes some sims are technically better, DCS being one, none of them in my opinion has the same level of accesibility as this series of flight sims, it is fun to fly , it is easyish to mod, and there is a great community on here. I see you have all the variants except Vietnam, or is that going to be added at a later date ? There is a vey good Vietnam add on on here and worth while getting, also Korea, and to some extent WW2 , you are actually spoiled for choice !! and if you have First Eagles too, then you get the whole set, and a smarty point hahahaha. Anyway, enjoy and help us keep the series alive and kicking !! 

I forgot to mention it,but I've SF2V,to honest and if my mind don't lose something,2V was the first of the "new" title from 3W I bought!

And about First Eagle,1WW don't attract me ,I hope to no offende anyones!

Ahhh you are missing out, first Eagles is super, and its pure air combat dog fighting, no stand off missiles and radars, its up close and personal knife fighting, so dont dismiss it, as learning to dogfight in a WW1 aircraft , teaches you the basics of doing it in fast jets too, also gets you used to looking around and not relying on radar . I love both genres of the sim. I do skinning for both too, so loads of options there as well.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

agin me with some question.

Today I learn how made flyable the F-104 ( I'm the only italian that don't love the Zipper but I can't left it as an AI plane) and dw various Add-on/skins,comprised the F-104 Starfighter Super Mega Pack v35.

Great job as always but I noted that I can't load the wingtip tanks,is there a solution?

And I remember that is possible replace the default skin of the various campaign with more accurate ones.

For example for SF2V I want replace the VF-114 markings of Linebacker with some that I've dwded.

Also,3W  supplie the F-4B for that era Aardvark squadron instead of the J variant;again any mod?And a correct skin for that timeframe' VF-161?

Edited by RustyKurnass

Hi guys,

after experiment with various campaign/single missions,I deduced that the few problem I'd riscontred are for a PC performance ( RAM,ecc...),so I started to mind seriously a new computer.

In the meantime I'll prectice at best I can with my sims.

Anyway,Im so happy with the add-0ns I downlaoded! And I start think how much fub I'll obtain with a better suited PC!

But I find two small oddity:

- In ODS single mission with a RAF Tornado,I can't load a correct weapons load;the best I can is a pair of Hindemburg external tanks,two 'Winders and the offensive punch on the belly pylons,so neither BOZ-107 and/or Sky Shadow ECM pod on the outer pylon.Conversely the AMI Tornado is 100% correct

-Again single mission,this time in SF2V with Expansion Pack when flying the Intruder this is how look

maXNBd.jpg

The fuel tanks can't be jettisoned and the weapons are suspended directely from them.

But this don't happened in SF2NA ...

Any fix???

Gianni

out of date data ini, with wrong or mismatched hardpoint statments. Fuel tanks are part of the physical model on most aircraft in SF2 series.

This issue should be covered somewhere in the Knowledge Base (i thinks!)

rename the data ini to X-****whatever, and the problem should go away.

Ok;

but having fully functional A-6A/E in SF2NA,is possible use the latter ini ( A-6A.ini or A-6A Data.in )?

And bout the British Tornado?

Thanks,

Gianni

A-6A_DATA ini, the one with all the flight parameter statements. just rename that one to check. A new one can always be extracted from (whichever!) cat file it's residing in. If needed

don't do anything to the main ini !!!!! (A-6E.ini) Otherwise, you won't be able to fly it anymore!!!  :biggrin:

The Toro, I don't remember what the fix was...hopefully some one else will pop in and answer that one!

my pleasure!!!  :biggrin:

The Tornado issue is a misunderstanding ,in fact the fuel tanks/ECM pod are present per default,so I'the firs box in the load out will be ignored!

P.S.

I'm searching for a Aussie F-18 skin;I searched on my mobile and I find one but not searching on the PC,why?

Gianni

I'm searching for a Aussie F-18 skin;I searched on my mobile and I find one but not searching on the PC,why?

Ok,just found!

Good day all guys,

after some days play the different Campaign and new Aircraft all I can say is  Wooow! and I want add THANK ALL YOU MODDER for the amount of work you put to improve thr 2W experience!

Still some minor issue but all problem of my PC;also .someone create a mod to carry 2 or 3 Lau-10 Zuni pod on MERs,this load was extensively used in Vietnam on Marines F-4.

Again thanks all!

Gianni

In SF2I ,the Vautour don't show the correct colors,but are entirely black;I tried also with the downloaded skin pack but nothing...any help?

Gianni