Anyone done this one? if not, it is a request.

During the 1970s, Saab proposed a new variant of the Viggen, designated the Saab 37E Eurofighter (unrelated to the later Eurofighter Typhoon), for the United States Air Force's Air Combat Fighter competition to find a replacement for the Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. The 37E Eurofighter competed against Dassault-Breguet's proposed Mirage F1M-53, the SEPECAT JaguarNorthrop's P-530 Cobra (based on the Northrop YF-17), and General Dynamics's YF-16;[90][91] on 13 January 1975, Secretary of the Air Force John L. McLucas announced the YF-16 had been selected as the winner of the ACF competition.[92]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_37_Viggen

post-2035-0-82963400-1485130414.jpg

I exist in game again!

• Like 2

what would the US loadout look like for it in '76?

as well as a navalized version for US?

as a USAF bird could be interesting. USN highly unlikely though in game,  too much rework needed to navalize (single wheel mains, ditch the thrust reverser for weight, change and strengthing the nose gear for catapult use) at least for a realistic venture

USMC would be interesting too tho since many features for the Flygvapnet would play to what the Marines like in equipment

Edited by daddyairplanes

USMC would be interesting too tho since many features for the Flygvapnet would play to what the Marines like in equipment

And the lack of naval interest would enhance that, since the USMC would get to keep the Viggens (surely not Thunderbolt III) for themselves, rather than 'losing' them to carrier deployments. 

This one is the one I proud of, I thinks its not modelled yet to the game in this or any other site, The SF-37

post-88117-0-38405600-1485230732_thumb.jpg

post-88117-0-74955900-1485230736_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I really love it

Here are some info I had on performances :

From Air Fan, n°96 (November 1986) on the Viggen J-37E : 
Mach = 0.7, load = 2 sidewinders 
Sea level turn radius = 3350 m 

6000 m : 6.3 degrees/s 

As a comparison : for the F16A 
seal level : 1370 m radius 
6000 m : 10.7 degres/s 

(with 2 sidewinders) 

Another information on peformances : the AJ-37 takes off in less than 400 m at a speed of 290 km/h and aOa = 13 degrees, with no load except central fuel tank
Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

I love Swedish aircraft, Viggen and Draken are just beautiful aircraft, we need the SAAB 17 and a SAAB 105 to complete the SAAB stable in SF........

This will make a very welcome addition to the library of aircraft in this game.

Great work, sir.