Since SFP1 is set in the 1950s/1960s, I was wondering if anyone knew where to find civilian airliners from that era. Ive seen DC-8 and 707 on here, but they were for SF2 and the only true airliners ive found on here were 747, 757 and A310. More specifically, im looking for 707, DC-8, DC-10, 727, CV-880, and CV-990. Before anyone tells me to just get SF2, i dont have the money/credit card to get that, i can only do SF1 for now. Thanks in advance

Some SF2 planes can be used in WoX/SFP1 world, especially if you use Wings over Israel Kadesh.

But some others you cant use. Give it a try and hope for the best. Perhaps it will run.

The other problem is, that SF has no ferry flight missions, so that you cant simulate the flight of an airliner or transport plane. In a skripted mission it would be possible, but not with random missions or in campaigns.

Some SF2 planes can be used in WoX/SFP1 world, especially if you use Wings over Israel Kadesh.

But some others you cant use. Give it a try and hope for the best. Perhaps it will run.

The other problem is, that SF has no ferry flight missions, so that you cant simulate the flight of an airliner or transport plane. In a skripted mission it would be possible, but not with random missions or in campaigns.

its fine if i cant do "civilian" flights, i fly my 757 on Recon Missions, i just stay high enough so fighters cant get me

none of the liners i found worked, but thanks anyways,

DC-10 is based on the KC-10 from the ODS mod.  it should work ok in SF1 as all i really did was ini edits to remove the boom and eburger(?) did some tweeking so i flies better.  the A310 in SF1 section is the old version, Florian hooked me up with a new version for Gen2 so the skins wont work i think.

being the main jumbo skinner i will point out i have Gen 2 not 1 anymore and so thats what i work in. sorry but is what it is.  lemme know if the DC-10 works for you

DC-10 is based on the KC-10 from the ODS mod.  it should work ok in SF1 as all i really did was ini edits to remove the boom and eburger(?) did some tweeking so i flies better.  the A310 in SF1 section is the old version, Florian hooked me up with a new version for Gen2 so the skins wont work i think.

being the main jumbo skinner i will point out i have Gen 2 not 1 anymore and so thats what i work in. sorry but is what it is.  lemme know if the DC-10 works for you

ok, found your DC-10-30, what specifically do i have to change for it to work?

in theory, nothing.  it was adapted from a Gen 1 model.

its why i said let me know how it works :biggrin:

the 757, and 747 might work also when i get them done. it takes less for Gen 1 to work in Gen 2 than the reverse.

in theory, nothing.  it was adapted from a Gen 1 model.

its why i said let me know how it works :biggrin:

the 757, and 747 might work also when i get them done. it takes less for Gen 1 to work in Gen 2 than the reverse.

it wont even appear in the game. ive already got a 757 and 747.

ok,  i dont remember and dont have the time for comparison til next week.  the difference sounds like its in the data.ini, the model and skin were the same as in ODS. if anyone else has input feel free to chime in

the Boeings are gettin my treatment in the paint shop to have multiple airlines on one skin. the 757 is currently WIP, the 747-100/200 will be later this year

I forgot to say, if you use SF2 models in SFP1 WoX World, you must convert the ini files from Unicode to ANSI code.

Sounds difficult, i know, but it isnt.

Open the ini files with notepad editor and press "save as". Then you can choose the right data format. Simply select ANSI and save.

Give it a try.

Edited by Gepard

alright, making some progress here. Unicodes have been converted to ANSI, DC-10 is in the game, but game crashes when i try to fly. Did the same for another plane (TU-114). the Cleat works, doesnt cause game to crash and it flies, but the skin does not appear. Also, is there a way to alter aircraft speed? the TU-114 barely goes above 120kts and TU-95/114 went well above that. 

Recommend you check the DC-10 folder and make sure all referenced files are there. I have had crashes when there was a missing file.

Recommend you check the DC-10 folder and make sure all referenced files are there. I have had crashes when there was a missing file.

everything is in there and converted, still crashes. 

everything is in there and converted, still crashes. 

It could be, that it depends on the terrain you use. The DC-10 needs very long runways. If your terrain has only large, medium or short runways, the game will crash. Try the stock GermanyCE terrain. There the DC-10 will fly.

There is an other thing you still must change. In the skin folders of the DC-10, the skin is in jpg format. That you must convert in bmp format. Then you will see following bird in game:

post-3395-0-58402000-1486235427_thumb.jpg

tested with WoI Operation Kadesh with GermanyCE terrain.

Edited by Gepard

It could be, that it depends on the terrain you use. The DC-10 needs very long runways. If your terrain has only large, medium or short runways, the game will crash. Try the stock GermanyCE terrain. There the DC-10 will fly.

There is an other thing you still must change. In the skin folders of the DC-10, the skin is in jpg format. That you must convert in bmp format. Then you will see following bird in game:

attachicon.gifDC-10.jpg

tested with WoI Operation Kadesh with GermanyCE terrain.

jpg are bmp now. unless i passed over it, i couldnt find GermanyCE in the Terrain Downloads (not defaulted on my sim)

In this terrain, the DC-10 works fine on my computer. Strange thing.

Do you has updated SFP1 to newest level? Patch Oct2008 it should be.

Edited by Gepard

In this terrain, the DC-10 works fine on my computer. Strange thing.

Do you has updated SFP1 to newest level? Patch Oct2008 it should be.

no, that might be it then, ive never done any patch updates

The patch you will find in the downloadarea or at Thirdwire homepage.

sorry for not following, been busy. cool that it's working but a question for Gerard and kfrge... does the decal folder still have to be in the aircrafts skin folder or totally separate like SF2? just wondering why no tga are showing in those screenshots

daddyairplanes,

My understanding is he decals have to be in the DECALS folder that is in the main OBJECTS folder.

Edited by krfrge

originally, in 1stGen, decals subfolder WITHIN the specific skin folder

however, like SF2 it also works with the /Objects/Decals/*nameofskin*/D path as well

As long as the actual statements in the decals ini specifies said pathway

With patch 2008 you can put decals in the Decals folder too, like in SF2.

With patch 2008 you can put decals in the Decals folder too, like in SF2.

got the patch, but when i try to fly something, it gives me an error and crashes the game.