Hey there, is it possible to create some arrestings cables for landbases? think its funny, to practice landings on land, before join the carrier....

• Like 2

It is possible to build a "flat carrier" object, which is just a sticker :lol: but it has to be a vehicle object (ship) in order to have cable component AND a deck.lod. I wonder if we add this object from terrain it keeps the component functionality...

Hey there, is it possible to create some arrestings cables for landbases? think its funny, to practice landings on land, before join the carrier....

Do I detect a SATS airfield in the making?...  I've had this idea for a while and it sounds awesome, if that's what you're going for.

i was only searching for an airfield to train carrierlandings... Like the US Navy does it in Lemoore...

Could be a useful mod for bases like Chu Lai (short field/runway ops) during base construction for Marine Air during WOV/SEA?

From Wikipedia:  

At first, only a "short airfield for tactical support (SATS)" was installed. The SATS consisted of a 1,200 m runway with an aluminum surface of interlocking lightweight metal alloy planking, a catapult and a carrier deck-type arresting gear. It also included a tactical airfield fuel dispensing system.

Edited by NIELS
  • Like 1

Arresting cables are standard on european NATO airfields as emergency landing stopping device.

The WP airfields used nets for this issue.

Yap, i know, they are standart... i`m looking for a landbase to train carrierlandings, not for emergency

It could be done, I´m pretty sure.

Maybe you should contact Florian, maybe he knows a sollution.

I know he did that cables for emergency....