Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Unarmed Farman HF.20

Back in January, Crawford and Whiteknight were talking about an unarmed version of the Farman HF.20. I posted one yesterday. This version has the pilot in front and no machine gun. It has a small bomb loadout and the bombs drop from beside the cockpit, as if the observer is dropping them over the side.

This version uses the same skins as the original, but has a unique name so you can have both versions in the game. The decals on the Russian version use the decal positions that Crawford posted.

post-67404-0-38792400-1489294788.jpg

post-67404-0-16644500-1489294801.jpg

post-67404-0-78260100-1489294814.jpg

post-67404-0-77430700-1489294841.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you very much Steve.

It's always a pleasure to use your nice aircraft models in FE! :good:

• Like 1

beautiful work as always. now I have a suggestion. not a request but just something to keep in the back of your mind. would it be possible to make a "pilot" figure that is holding a rifle or pistol? some of the unarmed aircraft i will add an invisible "flexible gun" that has the stats of a rifle to simulate an observer armed with a rifle. It's certainly not any sort of priority but might be fun to see the guy in back holding a gun.

• Like 1

Great stuff, Steve.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

From the Farman HF.20 to the Rafale... into FE2 and SF2 !

100 years of world air combat History: WWI, Spanish Civil War, WWII, Suez, Vietnam, Cold War, etc...

Thank You modders and skinners!!! :bye:

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 2

...would it be possible to make a "pilot" figure that is holding a rifle or pistol? some of the unarmed aircraft i will add an invisible "flexible gun" that has the stats of a rifle to simulate an observer armed with a rifle....

This is an intriguing idea. I tried once to make a gunner that could be assigned as a weapon, like the machine guns that can be added to a plane. I made a figure that will sit in the plane, but I couldn't figure out how to make him move and shoot...

• Like 1

unless the gunner is made like a turret with his hips for rotation and his arms for elevation I can't seem to figure out a way. that has the limitation of being a permanent fixture of the plane but might work. i was really thinking of just a static pilot model holding a rifle in a semi-rest position for a little eye candy. maybe instead of animating the head to look side to side the pilot model could rotate in a limited way at the hips just so he looked more "alive" even though that would not allow him to actually aim his weapon. I'm not a 3d modeler so I don't know what is or is not feasible though

I've been working on an early plane in which the observer shoots a rifle. Getting him to move and shoot wasn't any more complicated than making a conventional gunner move and shoot. (You were right, he pivots from the hips.) But he is part of the plane, I haven't figured out how to make an add-on gunner for existing planes.

I like your idea of an "eye candy only" observer with a gun. I could make one holding a rifle "at the ready" (port arms) and moving his head. The pilot moves his head quite a bit, I don't think an observer would look good if he moved that much from the hip. I'll play with your idea and see what I can come up with.

• Like 5