• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 trotski00

trotski00
  • +CHOICE MEMBER
  • Political Arena, Royal Air Force Regiment
  • 683 Posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:48:14 AM

M17 ?....surely I meant M7......fingers getting ahead of themselves again.....so situation normal then !! 

PER ARDUA

untitled

#42 VonS

VonS
  • 222 Posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:06:46 PM

Hello Gents,

As a followup to the suggestions here, particularly Whiteknight's beautiful "hack and slash" mod - can now confirm that it works wonderfully. Rifle-armed observers now take occasional shots at me. I was also inspired by the "early" Parasol L (two-seater) that Whiteknight included in his package - so I've now tweaked the FM for it (will include this with a ver. 8.9 update of the FM pack...but here it is already for your flying pleasure).

Make a copy of your Morane LAO folder (two-seater with Lewis gun up front and another for the observer), rename the folder to MSTypeLAOe, and copy over the four files from my folder with the same name, into yours (you may also delete the old general ini file, data ini, and the hangar and loading files from the folder that you duplicated and renamed as indicated).

Stats. for the early Morane L (two-seater):

top speed 112 kph

take offs are best around 90 kph

climbs best between 85 and 95 kph at about 2.5 m/s

stalls if climbing at less than 80 kph

also about 10kg lighter than the later, armed version

slightly lower ceiling and MaxG rating for it than on LAO type

Don't forget to install Stephen1918's pilots and also his rifle-armed observers, into your Pilots folder, for everything to work.

Here are a couple of pics of me trailing the Parasol, and then getting some rifle-damage to my wing. The rifle blast emanates from the observer's head  :biggrin: but I like it. Wish I was able to take a snapshot of that.

img00002.JPG

img00003.JPG

And the early Parasol Type L (two-seater):

Attached File  RifleArmedObserverFires.zip   1.3MB   5 downloads

Happy flying,

Von S

P.S. To use this "unarmed" type on the Eastern front, change service dates from about Oct. of 1914 to June/July of 1915 (educated guess).

Edited by VonS, 27 March 2017 - 03:09:09 PM.

• whiteknight06604, trotski00, Geezer and 1 other like this

#43 VonS

VonS
  • 222 Posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:48:05 PM

For an even more aggressive observer with a rifle, go under the "// Crew -----" section of the data ini for the early Parasol (posted above), and under [Gunner] paste in the following info., overriding the previous, relevant entries:

PitchAngleRate=40

MaxPitch=70
MinPitch=-30
DefaultPitchAngle=5
YawLimited=TRUE
YawAngleRate=15

This gives more frequent shots, and deflection shots too - I got a little too close and then this happened.

img00003.JPG

img00004.JPG

Happy flying,
Von S

• Stratos and Crawford like this

#44 Geezer

Geezer
  • +MODDER
  • 1,140 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:25:40 PM

yes a bit like that, no doubt some enterprising soul could do it, however in this case it wouldnt be possible as the Spandau is part of the LOD , so, as you said Stephen would have to re do the whole thing , probably not worth his time an effort, I shall attaempt to do the the remove node thing at some point and make it into an unarmed version. As it wasn't that common an aircraft , it isn't that important, Unless Stephen would like to do it of course, then I wont complain lol

I finally found my old back-up disc with the Junkers J.1 that Quack74 likes - I'll slowly rework it to bring it up to current standards.  The same disc also has Spandau, Parabellum, and Lewis guns so I could also release the guns as separate LODs.  However, substituting different guns will only work if the original gun can first be deleted in MUE's LOD viewer.  Is this possible?

Attached Images

• test-1.jpg
  • test-2.jpg
  • test-3.jpg

Edited by Geezer, Yesterday, 01:43:20 PM.

• whiteknight06604, trotski00 and Crawford like this

#45 gterl

gterl
  • +MODDER
  • 221 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:54:04 PM

You can't change LOD files (..well at least legally). BUT you can 'hide' certain parts with INI tweaks.

And the LOD viewer is ..a viewer

Love the Junkers...which is actually a J.4 (factory designation)...J.1 was the military designation...release date? ...LOL

Edited by gterl, Yesterday, 01:59:23 PM.

#46 whiteknight06604

whiteknight06604

state of decay

• +MODDER
  • 3,949 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:20:10 PM

I always loved that Morane-Saulnier

• quack74 likes this
Some ideas are so preposterous that only an intellectual could believe them. -- Orwell

This seems very true these days

#47 Geezer

Geezer
  • +MODDER
  • 1,140 Posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:51:37 PM

You can't change LOD files (..well at least legally). BUT you can 'hide' certain parts with INI tweaks.

And the LOD viewer is ..a viewer

Love the Junkers...which is actually a J.4 (factory designation)...J.1 was the military designation...release date? ...LOL

Thanks, now I know - if you spend your time making models there is little time to mess around with files.

I have several irons in the fire - buildings, CR32, SM79 - but I intend to work on the J.1 whenever I need a break. 

I always loved that Morane-Saulnier

The Type P replaced the earlier M-S parasols, that are available in the downloads, and soldiered on in French observation squadrons until finally being replaced in late 1917.  While France produced some excellent two-seater designs, production schedules always fell behind so the Brequets, Salmsons, etc were not available in large numbers until late 1917.

Attached Images

• 396136655902778_____morane-saulnier-1916-g.jpg

• whiteknight06604 and Crawford like this

#48 trotski00

trotski00
  • +CHOICE MEMBER
  • 683 Posts

Posted Today, 09:59:34 AM

Ooooh more goodies for me to try out, By the way Geezer, how dificult would it be for you to do a Halberstadt DII version of your D 5 ? I know there are versions of it available from the site that I shall not mention by name , as it will lead me to the irresistable urge to throw insults, and also the one Bort did, however, neither is really either accurate, or in the case of Borts, really up to speed for FE2 I know there were few differenced between the DIII and the D 5 , however the DII have a different exhaust system, and I believe the wing form is a little different as well,  As for the Arse teams version, what the heck is going on with that ammunition feed !! 

PER ARDUA

untitled

#49 Geezer

Geezer
  • +MODDER
  • 1,140 Posts

Posted Today, 10:29:18 AM

Ooooh more goodies for me to try out, By the way Geezer, how dificult would it be for you to do a Halberstadt DII version of your D 5 ? I know there are versions of it available from the site that I shall not mention by name , as it will lead me to the irresistable urge to throw insults, and also the one Bort did, however, neither is really either accurate, or in the case of Borts, really up to speed for FE2 I know there were few differenced between the DIII and the D 5 , however the DII have a different exhaust system, and I believe the wing form is a little different as well,  As for the Arse teams version, what the heck is going on with that ammunition feed !! 

Nope, I don't have enough time to do my own stuff, let alone duplicate someone else's stuff.

• trotski00 likes this

#50 trotski00

trotski00
  • +CHOICE MEMBER
  • 683 Posts

Posted Today, 10:43:41 AM

I suppose we could "pretend" your D 5 is a D II maybe just alter the Engine specs to reflect an earlier machine ? It's just a thought by the way, not expecting you to jump in on it , sorry if you thought that, was just wondering if you could do a new lod....but if you haven't got the time, which I know you don't , it isn't a big deal. it would be nice to have a DII/III with the exhaust stack coming out the top of the engine........Like I say, I am unable to attempt anything like this anyhow, as I dont have access to 3DS Max, and also I wouldnt even begin to know where to start !! I for one appreciate the wonderful models you personally produce, and I only wish I had half your ability !! 

I know I keep coming up with bright spark ideas, i'm just enthusiastic, please donn't think I am being pushy or demanding, as that is not my intent.

• Geezer and Crawford like this
PER ARDUA

untitled

#51 VonS

VonS
  • 222 Posts

Posted Today, 02:15:07 PM

I suppose I could drop the top speed to about 145kph in the data ini for the Halb. D.5, and make it about 30-50kg heavier than the D.5 - this would then approximate the behavior of the D.II/III types - and maybe if a new skin could be dropped into its folder - this would be acceptable. I am thinking of eventually tweaking the Halb. D.III (also making a D.II data ini from it) - from that other site, A-Team's, but if many users don't like those models - I will keep my focus on the models posted here on CombatAce...no use in wasting too much time with those, with the exception of some very badly needed ones like the Pfalz. D.III series, and the Gotha bomber...at any rate it'll take me a while to get to the A-Team stuff since there are still many models I haven't touched on Combat Ace for FE2....

Happy flying,

Von S

• Geezer likes this

#52 trotski00

trotski00
  • +CHOICE MEMBER
  • 683 Posts

Posted Today, 03:08:17 PM

The Arse Team DII/III is actually not bad shape wise, it  "looks" like a Halb , however, the FM is most likely up the creek, and the cockpit view.......oh dear, its got a feed chute leading into thin air, and really, they just didnt try at all with the pit. not actually flown the thing because the pit put me off straight away, I was going to do a new skin for the Halby , as you have seen I have done a Kesta 4b skin for the Fokker E IV ( Hannah) I have also done 2 for the Fokker DII, the Fokker DIII's are next on my to do list, so eventually we shall have the whole kesta as per the photo, you know the one I mean , see attached........unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it, Borts Halby, is well past its sell by date, it was fine for FE1, but frankly it doesnt look its best now............Sorry Bort if you are reading this, it's still a better model than I could hope to make ! So I apologise if I offend.

Attached Images

• post-39531-0-33222300-1435659445.jpg

PER ARDUA

untitled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests

+trotski00