Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Some days ago St. Petersburg, today Stockholm

I'm sick of this islamic fanatism!

This had nothing to do with Islam. We all know it is the religion of peace. This was probably a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness.

• Like 2

Please do not share rumours or speculate. We will know the facts soon enough.

• Like 2

Nah, there is no problem with IS and terrorism... not at all. They are nice people. The only problem is Assad... bomb Syria and help Daesh to take it over. Then they will be so grateful that they will stop killing people in Europe.

//Political correctness mode: OFF

Nah, there is no problem with IS and terrorism... not at all. They are nice people. The only problem is Assad... bomb Syria and help Daesh to take it over. Then they will be so grateful that they will stop killing people in Europe.

//Political correctness mode: OFF

I wish... Fact is that both IS and Assad are despicable bastards, and not the only ones. And the soldiers, and the rebels and even the terrorists are nothing but pawns of a bigger, sick game between superpowers (US, Israel, Turkey, Russia, Saudia Arabia, Iran, ...). It's been six years already of bloodshed, will this madness ever end? Syria's become the meeting boardroom for warmongers and personal agendas.

//Sadness for the world mode: ON

Edited by Menrva

It All Follows A Familar Pattern I Have Been Told By Elders Before Me There Are Civilizations That Were There Are Civilizations That Exist And Civilizations That Will Be I Think We Are Approaching A Universal Truth That Our Resources Are Limited And Yes I Have Hope For The Human Race The Continued Research Into Particle Physics May Produce A Space Time Bubble For Interstellar Travel We All Know Nuclear Physics Teaches Us Of Critical Mass That Is Restricted To Compression Time Based Which Does Not Consume All Available Fuel And Thus Leaves Residual Toxic Radiation But Matter Anti-Matter Consumes All Available Fuel The Fact That Matter Anti-Matter Was Out Of Balance Is Why We Exist At All. We See The Chase In Life As Philosophy Cain And Able,Christ And Mohammed,Black And White,Positive And Negative,Most Of The Time We Fail To Recognize The Possibilities Of Ancients In Our Past Histories Teaching Dimensional Beliefs Buddahism Transcendentalism And Electomagnetic Convergence Zones Around The Earth. Studies Of Ancient Artifacts May Very Well Prove To Be To Our Benifit You Must Remember Never Judge A Book By Its Cover.

PS For Example Pressed And Scribed Cloth Book Facing On Family Bible Which Under Scan Reveals Details Released With Age As Intended By Creator.

Old Noted Passage Worlds Without End Amen.

post-62958-0-33576100-1491629124_thumb.jpg

post-62958-0-19383900-1491629140.jpg

post-62958-0-43455400-1491629152.jpg

Religion of Peace everywhere. Don't you like your multiculturalism, migrants and islam?

• Like 1

The attack in St. Petersburg was made by a guy from Kirgistan, who was influenced by radical islamists.

The attack in Stockholm was made by a guy from Usbekistan, who was influenced by radical islamists.

In free societies the radical islamists take the freedom of religon, but they are not willing to accept, that this freedom is not only for muslims, but for all, even for the folks who dont believe in any god.

You can give tolerance only to tolerant people. You cant give tolerance to intolerant people. You must be intolerant to the intolerant people.

• Like 7

don't forget London, I was 3 miles from that attack that day...

• Like 2

the way I see it it's not the religion but the culture. all religions have many parts that can be used to justify anything. the issue is that while most religions have adapted to the modern world and quietly ignore the more radical texts most cultures that make up the Muslim world are culturally backwards. yes there are many westernized Muslims that are as modern as any other people but the issue is we view them as the norm when in reality they are the exception. the bulk of Muslims world wide hold views that would be considered out dated and radical in western religions. for example in the US we have the Westboro Baptist church loons who get lots of press. they are considered to be pretty much the top rung of christian loons here. the thing is there are about 50 of them. in the Muslim world there are 500-700 million Muslims who have similar views or worse. they are not radicals only in comparison to the radicals in Islam but compared to western norms they are massively homophobic, racist and condone things like genital mutilation. the subjugation of women underage marriage and are way beyond accepted western standards when it comes to rape and sexual assault. it's not the religion it is the fact that culturally these people are hundreds of years behind. they are very backwards in their mindset. I love it when i see people justifying Muslim crimes by saying things like well Christianity had the inquisition and the Crusades...well you just proved my point if the way you defend their acts is to point out things others did 800 YEARS AGO lol .Do I blame or think all Muslims are violent or terrorist? not at all and i don't blame their religion per se what I blame is their lack of ability to accept modern western norms. Islam when practiced by modern westernized people is no worse than any other but when closed minded culturally stunted people are preached to by people with ulterior motives that's where the trouble starts. The main thing that pisses me off is the total lack of some to condemn peoples bad actions. i can't help but laugh at these apologists when they gleefully mock and condemn a christian for using a word they consider offensive but then turn around and have to do all sorts of mental gymnastics in order to not take a stand on a group of Muslims raping their way across Europe or driving trucks into crowds....we are always told to wait and see....and to not blame the whole....all the while they are condemning far lesser "offenses" by Jews and Christians out of the other side of their mouths. I personally am not against the immigration of people from the Muslim world to the west as long as they are willing to assimilate into our culture and follow our laws.

• Like 1

This had nothing to do with Islam. We all know it is the religion of peace. This was probably a Mormon or a Jehovah's Witness.

You know that right now Jehovah's Witness are facing a ban in Russia? The Russian Ministry of Justice is labeling them an extremist faction and demanding they be liquidated. It has even been reported it would be a crime for a Jehovah's Witness to even pray in Russia. The Witnesses have launched worldwide campaign and congregations from all over the world were asked to send letters to the officials (prior to the hearing) in their own language. That must've been interesting to see.. millions of letters written in different languages respectfully protesting their spiritual brother's and sister's right to freedom of religion.

The court is recess until this Wednesday.

I mean I know you were being funny. But I thought you might find that interesting.

The attack in St. Petersburg was made by a guy from Kirgistan, who was influenced by radical islamists.

The attack in Stockholm was made by a guy from Usbekistan, who was influenced by radical islamists.

In free societies the radical islamists take the freedom of religon, but they are not willing to accept, that this freedom is not only for muslims, but for all, even for the folks who dont believe in any god.

You can give tolerance only to tolerant people. You cant give tolerance to intolerant people. You must be intolerant to the intolerant people.

:slow applause:

... am I the only one clapping?

Seriously. Nicely said. Very nicely said. All of it. But what I underlined needs to be a quote of the day or something.

• Like 2

You know that right now Jehovah's Witness are facing a ban in Russia? The Russian Ministry of Justice is labeling them an extremist faction and demanding they be liquidated. It has even been reported it would be a crime for a Jehovah's Witness to even pray in Russia. The Witnesses have launched worldwide campaign and congregations from all over the world were asked to send letters to the officials (prior to the hearing) in their own language. That must've been interesting to see.. millions of letters written in different languages respectfully protesting their spiritual brother's and sister's right to freedom of religion.

I mean I know you were being funny. But I thought you might find that interesting.

:slow applause:

... am I the only one clapping?

Seriously. Nicely said. Very nicely said. All of it. But what I underlined needs to be a quote of the day or something.

agree 100%. while we in the west hand wring and gnash teeth over the mythical rape culture here and god forbid someone not wanting to be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding the ones the left defends in the Islamic world are mutilating and murdering homosexuals,women and anyone that dares not want to be forced to follow their beliefs. tolerance is one thing but there needs to be some proportionality in the outrage and one wonders how the left in the west can scream and cry over things in our own culture but are silent when things 1000x worse are going on in the Islamic world( and starting to happen in areas of high middle eastern/north African immigration) I think we should be tolerant of differences but that tolerance needs to be both ways and while you can tolerate differences things like violence,child rape/arranged marriages and the rampant racism we see in the middle east need to be condemned and those who cling to that sort of hate need to be bared from the west. we need to be accepting those who will adapt and accept our ways not that will try to lash out when they become frustrated in our inability to change to fit their expectations.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity. What is a pork test? Is that like seeing how well you fry up the bacon? (just fried a half a pack of center cut myself this morning) Or is that going to a gas station and ordering biscuits with sausage gravy and then having them but some bacon on top of that? (that some good stuff too) Or is that recording neurological activity of one's brain at the sight of bacon? Or would that be watching how a rack of fall-off-the-bone ribs is devoured and how much BBQ sauce is all over the place? (sweet potato pie with that please ... two slices) Or is that seeing how patient you are while standing behind the person, who is a first time customer, that is trying to figure out what to order, from your cousin, T-Bone? (if you want a pulled pork sandwich you go to him. It takes an act of God and then some to get him to fire the grill up.)

I honestly don't give a crap about someones religion or race. what I care about is their character and morals and their ability to live within societies rules.I have no problem with good people coming to live in my country and contribute. what I disagree with is my country being the sugar daddy to the worlds poor and to letting people in who's CULTURE is incompatible with ours. if you are so intolerant of our ways then you are not welcome here. you want to come here and contribute,learn the language and culture and accept our laws you are most welcome here and I would love to have you as my neighbor. immigration is a privilege not a right. no one has a right to enter someone elses nation without permission and it's bad form to complain about how your hosts are not changing to suit your expectations.

Edited by whiteknight06604
  • Like 1

I honestly don't give a crap about someones religion or race. what I care about is their character and morals and their ability to live within societies rules.I have no problem with good people coming to live in my country and contribute. what I disagree with is my country being the sugar daddy to the worlds poor and to letting people in who's CULTURE is incompatible with ours. if you are so intolerant of our ways then you are not welcome here. you want to come here and contribute,learn the language and culture and accept our laws you are most welcome here and I would love to have you as my neighbor. immigration is a privilege not a right. no one has a right to enter someone elses nation without permission and it's bad form to complain about how your hosts are not changing to suit your expectations.

We say the very same. Absolutely agreed. But, in return we are subject to international smear campaign and called nazis fascist racist and - of course - antisemites. No need to think too much by whom. By people who are the most discriminating, intolerant and hostile toward assimilation - unwilling to integrate or even at least respect the host nation.

• Like 1

Skyviper, I used the examples I did for purpose of hyperbole, because the notion of it being a Mormon or a Jehovah's witness is ludicrous as both groups are noted for being wholly unaggressive. Which makes the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia all the more appalling. Of course, unlike the Muslims, they have no power and no oil.

Skyviper, I used the examples I did for purpose of hyperbole, because the notion of it being a Mormon or a Jehovah's witness is ludicrous as both groups are noted for being wholly unaggressive. Which makes the persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia all the more appalling. Of course, unlike the Muslims, they have no power and no oil.

Yahve's morons ARE aggressive and rather destructive to the society. Much like many foreign financed "religions" and "civil organizations".  In Hungary many cases were revealed where they incited people to excommunicate family members, break up marriages, and encourage them to forcibly convert close friends, children, etc. Fanatic behavior IS always dangerous. I would not ban them outright, because they start to cry to the media. I would rather cut their foreign funding and enlighten people via media to avoid contact with them.  The latter is being done on Facebook by a group of former sect members who try to tell people about them.

Edited by Snailman
  • Like 1

Yahve's morons ARE aggressive and rather destructive to the society. Much like many foreign financed "religions" and "civil organizations".  In Hungary many cases were revealed where they incited people to excommunicate family members, break up marriages, and encourage them to forcibly convert close friends, children, etc. Fanatic behavior IS always dangerous. I would not ban them outright, because they start to cry to the media. I would rather cut their foreign funding and enlighten people via media to avoid contact with them.  The latter is being done on Facebook by a group of former sect members who try to tell people about them.

They don't blow people up, at least. Things like excommunication and breaking up of marriages are unpleasant, but hardly crimes. Could you elaborate on their 'forced conversions'? [i have no personal involvement. I'm a Catholic, but never heard of much trouble from them here in Ireland other than it being difficult to get rid of them when they call to the door. I recommend asking them to join in a decade of the Rosary!].

And keep up the good work in Hungary. I hope you can lead Europe back to sanity.

Actually, all religions are destructive. Simply because the members want to believe that they have picked the right one and therefore all the others are wrong and therefore not valid.

So if breaking up marriages and families is considered equivalent to ISIS' repression and killing, then I guess we can lump all of them into one big pot.

That's why I think religion should be banished. Whatever good it does is far outweighed by the evil done in its name. People should be smart enough to understand they don't need some "holy" man to tell them how to think and behave.

You can convince a country or even one man not to fight another over resources or politics. You can't once religion is involved.

• Like 4

Actually, all religions are destructive. Simply because the members want to believe that they have picked the right one and therefore all the others are wrong and therefore not valid.

So if breaking up marriages and families is considered equivalent to ISIS' repression and killing, then I guess we can lump all of them into one big pot.

That's why I think religion should be banished. Whatever good it does is far outweighed by the evil done in its name. People should be smart enough to understand they don't need some "holy" man to tell them how to think and behave.

You can convince a country or even one man not to fight another over resources or politics. You can't once religion is involved.

How are you going to abolish all religion? Hopefully not by the tried and tested atheist method of murdering everybody, as demonstrated by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and many of their followers in the twentieth century?

When one religion obviously stands out for a murderousness that is founded on its own intrinsic doctrines, how can it be just to indict all others as a consequence? It is human nature that is violent. This may or may not be exacerbated by certain beliefs, whether religious, political or otherwise. Of course any religion, political belief or ideology can be used as an excuse for violence while concealing other motives. Islam is unique as being a religion which a priori encourages violence amongst its followers. Other religions may be cited as an excuse for violence but this is generally a gross misinterpretation of the religion or a cynical exploitation of it. It is unjust to blame a religion for a failure of its followers to live up to it. In the case of Islam, however, it is the terrorists who are the truest and most faithful at living up to what their religion calls upon them to do. I read recently that Islam is the only major religion not to uphold the Golden Rule of 'Do as you would be done by'.

Finally, an alternative religion is the only antidote to Islam. The weak brew of secular consumerism will fold very quickly. This is quite obvious among those effete people who light candles and lay flowers and think singing 'Imagine' is an effective response to atrocity. Once the Muslims gain the balance of power, these valueless, futureless people will quickly submit to Islam.

Edited by Sky High
  • Like 1

Religion is a way to control people, the masses. People's power over other people. For non-believers, the ob is being done by the mass media and politicians.

How are you going to abolish all religion? Hopefully not by the tried and tested atheist method of murdering everybody, as demonstrated by Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and many of their followers in the twentieth century?

When one religion obviously stands out for a murderousness that is founded on its own intrinsic doctrines, how can it be just to indict all others as a consequence? It is human nature that is violent. This may or may not be exacerbated by certain beliefs, whether religious, political or otherwise. Of course any religion, political belief or ideology can be used as an excuse for violence while concealing other motives. Islam is unique as being a religion which a priori encourages violence amongst its followers. Other religions may be cited as an excuse for violence but this is generally a gross misinterpretation of the religion or a cynical exploitation of it. It is unjust to blame a religion for a failure of its followers to live up to it. In the case of Islam, however, it is the terrorists who are the truest and most faithful at living up to what their religion calls upon them to do. I read recently that Islam is the only major religion not to uphold the Golden Rule of 'Do as you would be done by'.

Finally, an alternative religion is the only antidote to Islam. The weak brew of secular consumerism will fold very quickly. This is quite obvious among those effete people who light candles and lay flowers and think singing 'Imagine' is an effective response to atrocity. Once the Muslims gain the balance of power, these valueless, futureless people will quickly submit to Islam.

We were just told about Islam. - as part of preparations in mission area.  Well - apart from usual propaganda rubbish - what caught my attention is that Islam is indeed attractive and acceptive to a huge number of people. Not saying of radicals and jihadist, but the majority of. If provides a feeling of belonging to people who have nothing to lose, who are weak, oppressed and most of the cases very poor. - as said, religion of the lost masses and desperate.

As the world is, right now with all the outraging inequalities (both wealth and rights) we should not be surprised that people "had enough" and go mad. Even I feel it sometimes, the helpless rage against all the world's scum who are untouchables because of their power provided by their wealth and genealogy...

Snailman, you make a very good point about the attractions of Islam for the weak and poor. It shares this quality with Communism and it displays a similar history-both worldviews ensure a homogenous equality of outcome, rendering almost everyone equally destitute. This fact has been somewhat obscured by modernity, whereby oil-wealth has provided access to Western knowledge and technology. To get an idea of how poverty-inducing Islam actually is, one ought to read the likes of Mark Twain, Winston Churchill and Hilaire Belloc on the subject. These wrote in the early twentieth century when Islamic society had received no oil-boost.

Perhaps the most drastic example of the de-civilising effect of Islam is Mesopotamia. This region begat the first known civilisation and became the Fertile Crescent from about 5,000 years BC. This was a land of milk and honey for uninterrupted millllenia but within three centuries of conquest by Muslims it had begun to revert to desert. If they conquer the West, all our scientific and cultural innovations will quickly become dust. Islam detests all culture alien to itself and obliterates all pre-history. It rejects science, music, alcohol, indeed anything that might lift life up above its base tedium.

Edited by Sky High

I agree 110%. Everyone is free to believe in gods and idols. But, the value that should be always in our hearts and minds, is to be respectful to other human beings. That value exists within us, there is no need to believe in a superior entity, a god, for it to exist. If you don't comply with that simple value, you can't be treated as a human being, but as a threat for mankind. Mankind has wasted centuries believing in gods of all kinds; the ancient Greeks, the Romans, etc. There's a common thing, that war and hatred have always existed. And believing in such entities surely didn't help prevent those. Rather, it's the contrary.

People need to be educated away from the "my religion is right and we can kill those of others for that by divine providence" notion. Abolition of religion by removing the fertile soil in which it grows--that of despair, poverty, and desperation.

To insist that people will only behave correctly if they are threatened by damnation by some all powerful being, and that a clergy of some type is necessary to convey those messages and tell people how to behave, is to abandon adulthood.

It's akin to saying you yearn for the days of being a child when you had parents to tell you what to do and you're uncomfortable with being responsible for yourself now.

Religion should be a personal thing. It should NOT be about telling your neighbor that they believe the wrong thing and they need to believe like you do.

Of course, no matter how closely your beliefs align, people will still find something to differentiate themselves and fight about. Muslims started almost immediately by splitting into Shia and Sunni. Christianity split how many times now? Greek Orthodox, original Protestant, subgroups, evangelicals...

Humanity insists on dividing itself into "us" and "them" based on any arbitrary criteria it can find. Religion is only one of the most divisive because unlike culture, language, or appearance, people will not be swayed by any reasonable argument to live and let live. Different nationalities and races have had fluid allegiances and adversaries over the millennia, but religious antagonism manages to outlast entire civilizations.

Edited by JediMaster