Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

New prototype Qaher 313

https://theaviationist.com/2017/04/15/new-photos-and-video-of-irans-homemade-f-313-qaher-stealth-jet-have-just-emerged-and-heres-a-first-analysis/

Footage and photographs showing a new prototype (marked “08”) of the famous Qaher F-313 stealth fighter jet have just emerged as Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani participated Saturday in an exhibition displaying the achievements of the Defense Ministry Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan gained during the past two years.

:alcoholic:

• Like 2

Are you there?... Hello Donald ! :telephone:

Interesting article.

But why build a small-as-duck, stealthy CAS airplane?

Just by the size of i, I'd rate it capability wise on par with a Gnat. The wing-thickness is very interesting. Why build a twin-turbojet with a max Mach number of *reverse*?

This thing can't be more than a tech-demonstrator. There's probably more in the pipes. Or maybe not at all... :blink:

I don't think that Iran has the technology to make this aircraft work, it looks like something which they have cobbled together to make themselves seem advanced and able to match western combat aircraft technologies and capabilities. When I actually see it fly and enter combat then I will believe it. Even though it looks the part, at the moment it's just a well demonstrated mock-up capable of making a few taxi runs.

Smoke and mirrors.

Edited by RUSTYMORLEY