Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Anyone Running A Virtual Machine in Windows 10?

Is anyone running a Virtual Machine In Windows 10?

As I'm having trouble running Mue's LOD Viewer since I installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update I've been thinking of running a Virtual Machine, possibly VMWare, and installing Windows 7 in the VM.

Before I commit, though, I'm wondering if anyone is doing this and if it's working in regards to also running Strike Fighters 1 in the VM?

One of my concerns from when I ran VM's years ago is that they didn't allow for using video card drivers for my Nvidia cards.  I think that may not be a problem now with some VM's.

I also need to be able to run Adobe Photoshop 2017 in the VM.  I'm mostly looking at doing this for skinning SF planes, but also running SF1 in the VM Windows 7 on my Windows 10 computer.

Any thoughts?

I don't know a thing about Virtual Machines, but before I got SF2, I ran SFP1 on Windows 7, and it barely worked. It was glitchy, add-ons didn't even load... it was so bad I had to get SF2. I don't know if you've run a Series 1 game in 7 before, but it didn't work for me. Maybe it was my copy of either the game or the OS that wasn't properly installed. Again, if it has worked for you before, just ignore me, but if I were you I'd run XP instead if 7.

I don't know a thing about Virtual Machines, but before I got SF2, I ran SFP1 on Windows 7, and it barely worked. It was glitchy, add-ons didn't even load... it was so bad I had to get SF2. I don't know if you've run a Series 1 game in 7 before, but it didn't work for me. Maybe it was my copy of either the game or the OS that wasn't properly installed. Again, if it has worked for you before, just ignore me, but if I were you I'd run XP instead if 7.

I don't have any trouble running SF1 in Windows 7.  But first I had to install DX9 in Windows 7,  Then run the game's exe file in XP SP3 compatibility mode.  No problems after that.