Skyviper

[Fiction] Would you read her story?

It was just another night, I was going through getting things in order, listening to music, and looking forward to another long day. Then I came across this photo of a girl holding some kind of assault rifle. It looks like a SCAR, but how should I know what it is? I'm not that knowledgeable with guns. Other details quickly stuck out. Her school uniform, for instance, and a digital cammo backpack-bulging with books. I started to wonder; what world could she be living in? What kind of place is so torn with violence that kids have to carry assault weapons to school? A few came to my mind but then other details I skipped stuck out as well. Her school uniform is immaculate, her weapon clean, even upgraded. I know she has a Holo site with a zoom scope, some kind of compressor is attached to the front. Too small to be a silencer. She even has a fore-grip attached to the tactical railing. The girl's visage seemed calm, yet alert. Then again maybe there was nothing to fear, because I noticed she was wearing headphones, expensive ones too. Then again if she or her family (if any) can afford the weapon she has, the headphones are probably nothing to them.

But still, what the hell is going on in her neck of the world? She is surrounded by the things our media says do not exist. We have all kinds of groups yelling and screaming for their rights, to make a change, or to be heard. Yet there she is, in that photo, in her world, fighting who knows what and why. I've read about soldiers who were on a battlefield for so long that it became home to them. The horrors of war became a lifestyle. I wondered if that is what this girl, whose age I can't really determine, is going through. The things that make a five minute story on our news is what she lives everyday.

People on our side are bitching and complaining about everything while this girl risks her life just to go to school. We have people who sit on their high horses speaking grandiosely about ourselves, and there she is, everyday, overcoming obstacles that would crush them. Sure they would think such things beneath them, because of their arrogance and stupidity, but the salient issue is that they're weak. She's stronger than they are. They talk. She dos. They bitch when they don't get their way. She finds a way.

I want to tell her story, the story of her people, but a lot of things hold me back. Political Correctness being one of them. If enough groups aren't shown in a positive light, publishers will get nervous and bury the story. I also wonder, who will care to read her story? What about you? Would you read her story? Do you even want to know it?

(thank you)

• Like 1

Well, if it's a SCAR with attachments, the family has money, so why not come to the US?....oh yeah.

• Like 1

HMMMMMMM............A lot to think about there................... we don't know much about her other than the photo you have seen, is it a staged photograph for the camera or is it really real and she is truly in hell and does not know it, living with a gun and probably going to die by the gun as a brainwashed child soldier fighting for someone else's cause whilst they stay safe behind the front lines.  

Hell yeah, I'd read her story. I want to know more about the girl who does, and finds a way. I don't care about political correctness, I want to know the truth. What you've written so far is excellent. It makes me want to know more.