Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

Collisions with Friendlies?

Hello All,

I've been doing a fair bit of tinkering with FE2 lately, and one thing that I think I'm noticing is that while there are occasional collisions between friendly & enemy aircraft (often/usually when they're coming head-on at each other and neither gets out of the way), I don't recall seeing any friendly/friendly collisions. Indeed, unless my eyes deceive me, I sometimes see friendlies get so close that their wings overlap, but with no adverse effects.

Any comments anyone please? Is FE2 set up so that friendlies can't collide?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've had friendly/friendly collisions on a few occasions - and friendly/enemy head on collisions a few times - but it seems to be greatly reduced using the general aircraft ai data ini tweaks that I've been trying out over the last several months (particularly the Nov. and Dec. 2016 versions of those tweaks).

Happy flying,

Von S

• Like 2

on a related note in the far future I tinkered with the B-52 ai bombing alt ,,, I had first told my wing man to attack my target short of the  target,, mayhem insued ,, next run was 40miles out I told my wing man to attack my target followed him in and we scored many hits

Hello again everyone,

I now have evidence that in my FE2 setup that friendly/friendly collisions are not detected, please see attached screenshots which show two Albatros DII's flying through each other (the smoke in the background is from a head-on between an Albatros and a Sopwith Triplane).

Is there maybe some parameter somewhere that I've overlooked, that sets friendly/friendly collisions to "off"?

Thanks

Mike

post-15237-0-44695000-1493218374_thumb.jpg

post-15237-0-75936600-1493218607_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

That is strange indeed. Have now retested with various types, also the early Alb. D.II and the D.I, and I can definitely crash into friendlies. Pic below.

Von S

P.S. PM me if you would like me to send my aircraft object ini file to you - perhaps that is where the problem is.

I'm pretty certain that I've seen friendlies collide in FE2. I remember telling myself, "There goes all my help. Idiots."