Sign in to follow this  
waterloo

Newbee trying to create Korean War. help needed

Morning fellow pilots,

I'm trying to create the Korean War in SF2, But don't know where to start, Never done moding before. And at 73 the old brain cells are not what they used to be. I have all the SF2 games in one folder,SF2, Europe, Vietnam, Israel, North Atlantic + the 2 expansion packs, Could someone  please tell me what I would need?  Just a basic start, i.e. Map, F-86 and a Mig15, It's a long time ago since I played Mig Alley, (now gone from me) and the CFS 3 Korean War, It's a shame that the game makers seem to neglect the 1956 Korean Conflict, Basically the last of the real Dog-Fights, Then missiles took over. anyway enough rambling, Hope someone out their can help.

Many Thanks for taking the time to read this ramblings of an old fella

Les

Happy Day's, All up and running, after a few head scratching moments there. Don't think I would take up modding as a serious business though, For you Guy's that do it. RESPECT :biggrin: 

Thanks again  Nyghtfall 

Les

• Like 4

Just hit a problem, I don't know where to put the Cockpits and skins from the 3 0f 3 zip folder! can someone please help me? 

Les

Is this the alternate skin folders? If it is, you place them into the individual aircraft folders, and overwrite what's there, if I remember correctly. The cockpit folders would go into the individual aircraft folders also. If I remember the mod installation correctly, these are just alternative skins using the old template. So, if you're okay with the mod out of the box, you don't need to do anything with them. Someone correct me if my old, doddering mind is wrong about any of this.

Edited by Heck

Yes, that's the one's Heck, I couldn't find any individual aircraft folders in objects>Aircraft. which is what the zip appears to indicate, so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll go and have another look-see 

Thanks

Les

PS don't really need them, just wanted to see what they where like, like you do :biggrin: 

Thanks Heck, You made me look elsewhere.  And hey presto their they where, in the save game folder, and not in the Root folder. where is was looking, must have had a senior moment there.

but all's well that end's well.

Cheers my friend

Les