Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

We have a Pogo on SF2, well almost...

Is on SF1 series download by ZurTech, but is perfectly useable on SF2 apart from the original flaws on the FM, the "plane" cannot take off or land currently, but it flys without problem. Wondering, would be possible now in SF2 to have a properly working Pogo? Capable of vertical taking off, transicion flight and again vertical landing?

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

BTW the MAX file is included in the download.

• Like 3

probably not, as the thrust line is straight-through the centerlilne. There's no way to make a "tailsitter" out of it. 

Been tried for long time. 

You might be able to make "fake" landing gear, holding the aircraft at an angle, but takeoff and landings will still be probelematic. In 2010 I did a bunch of rezamping, but don't remember what my final results were. Have to find, it, and go back and see. I know for certain, it would need complete remapping, as it really doesn't have a skin (per se).

probably not, as the thrust line is straight-through the centerlilne. There's no way to make a "tailsitter" out of it. 

Been tried for long time. 

You might be able to make "fake" landing gear, holding the aircraft at an angle, but takeoff and landings will still be probelematic. In 2010 I did a bunch of rezamping, but don't remember what my final results were. Have to find, it, and go back and see. I know for certain, it would need complete remapping, as it really doesn't have a skin (per se).

I see, really sad to hear that, tought that maybe was possible to make it like the Yakarov choppers, that can take off and land in vertical, but of course they do not change their attitude to land. :( Another idea is to have a thrust vectoring powerful engine for take off and landing, you put the plane in vertical and add power hahaha

A Pogo could be very fun to operate from merchant navy or Royal Navy destroyer decks...

Edited by Stratos

Work on a problem with my triflugel, and only solve it (piboting the whole fuselage) in the deployment animation of the landing gear

Sorry my bad english

• Like 2

that would be my thoughts as well, somehow pivioting the entirety of the aircraft (possibly via thrust vectoring?).  

It seems a bit far to go though.

Work on a problem with my triflugel, and only solve it (piboting the whole fuselage) in the deployment animation of the landing gear

Sorry my bad english

Tienes un mensaje privado torno

You have a PM