Did the 407 and 415 early schemes alongs with real serials numbers.

Some little work to be done on these in the next days along with the 2 grey tone.

Let me know what you think!

post-79911-0-41746400-1497753474_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-64070900-1497753481_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I like it!

For Florian's Orion?

• Like 1

Very Nice!!! Its a lot nicer then my versions. Any chance of a Lo-Vis?

• Like 1

Thanks for th comments!

Yes, a loz-viz version will be done, but Florian made a real great one. Now that he sent me his file and had a look at it damn i'm tempted to redo all work done on my skin and transfert on his :)

Should take a few days but since Florian made the low viz half of the work is done :) So will work on it in the next days and i will do a complete walk around next weekwnd at BFC Bagotville air show to complete my skin.

So final work will be far more complete then the 2 pictures sent earlier.

Stay tuned!

Decison taken. I will start back from Florian CP-140 as it will be more realistic and more detailed (what a model/skin)!

Already done some work on the fuselage and will keep the wings for the end as the fun is there :)

Will do the color tone per earlier pics and the 2 grey tone also along with serials numbers per squadron.

Will post something by tuesday night!

Edited by 1977Frenchie

Some work done on the reskinning of the new template :)

post-79911-0-66073000-1498013851_thumb.jpg

Done the generic panel lines and rivets on the fuselage, tail. Started the work on the wings.

After generic lines will be done, will go further in the details with the lines and rivets i had on my first skin (pics of the first post) along with more lettering/decals.

As i leave for CFB Bagotville tomorrow nothing will be made in the next days but will have a special look to the CP-140 there :)

So stll in the process and yes, i plan to do the Low-Viz version :)

See ya!

• Like 7

Back from the airshow and it worth the run. The whole family loved it! Just to ear the gentle roar of the Mustang Mark IV Merlin engine, pure music!

A shame my camera broke in the middle of the day, but memories can't be lost (for now :)) 

So i could not get a lot of pics of the CP-140 but i made a few turns of the bird to see some details. I started back the generic work on the upper wing and will continue tomorrow along with the underwing. Will do the ''secondary'' lines and rivets after on the whole thing, then add some details. So still a lot of work ahead to get this done.

Do not know what bird to skin after, but will be an RCAF one for sure. CC-130, CC-177, CF-188, CT-156? you have a preference? Will have to choose after the CP-140 :) Unless wrench release soon the CF-100 (kidding, just saw a pic in a forum and hope to see this one day).

• Like 1

I wish I could release the Clunk! It still needs quite a bit of LOD refining and skin work (like serials and such!!)  I'm keeping YOU in mind, Frenchie, when help is needed  :biggrin:

• Like 1

I wish I could release the Clunk! It still needs quite a bit of LOD refining and skin work (like serials and such!!)  I'm keeping YOU in mind, Frenchie, when help is needed  :biggrin:

I will be glad to help if i can Wrench!

to let you know,  unless there's been a major change CC-177 is already covered in teh C-17 pack a few years ago. but i have a project coming up that will also involve the Herks, not to mention the new pack could use some CC versions...

to let you know,  unless there's been a major change CC-177 is already covered in teh C-17 pack a few years ago. but i have a project coming up that will also involve the Herks, not to mention the new pack could use some CC versions...

To be honest, i did not look yet the C-17 pack :) But i could send you pictures taken of the CC-177 and CC-130 (H and J version) i took as you will havethe current template used by the RCAF.

Some little work done today.

Upper left wing complete at 95%.

Generic lines made for the left underwing

Started generic lines on the engines

So it goes slowly but still going forward :)

post-79911-0-44770000-1498622044_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-49185900-1498622059_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

A few more thing done

Upper wings completed.

Engines almost completely done.

Repainted the ladder and tow bar.

Lower wings have their generic lines and rivets done. still needto add more details.

Fuselage still need some lines and rivets.

Need to add the squadron decals along with serial numbers and plane numbers,

But it begins to take form :)

post-79911-0-63016400-1498789724_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-08283700-1498789733_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Almost there...

Wings done 

Fuselage at 98%

Engines done 

Props at 50%

Will do a few more things (like serial and plane number placement) along with folders for both squadron then look if i'm satisfied. Will surely put something on this post tonight to show you the almost completed skins.

Will then work on the Low-Viz skin.

See ya!

• Like 1

Really close.

As far as i'm concern, skinning is complete along with decals (serials and numbers). Just a few things to check in the next days and will release the Hi-Viz version.

State as for now :

post-79911-0-82759600-1499137659_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-17344900-1499137670_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-30080900-1499137682_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just saw minors error on my template that i will correct and there is minor bugs on the template itself. Will also add some little things here and there tonight.

After this, let's do the Low-Viz :)

Corrected the decals placement to fit the real CP-140's.

Now just a few final check and i'll be done with this one (my biggest skinning job up to now) :)

post-79911-0-59485200-1499223413_thumb.jpg

post-79911-0-16572700-1499223434_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Fantastic! It´s photo like. Any chance for a Brazilian Orion?

Fantastic! It´s photo like. Any chance for a Brazilian Orion?

Maybe i will made a Brazilian skin as i already completed at 80% a P-3 skin (different then the CP-140).

Will check after i'll have done the Low-Viz CP-140 (only have to do the grey tone decals). Plane skin is almost already done :) Will post a pic of this tonight.

I also have in mind which plane i'll do next (an easier one to breath a little).

Had not a lot of time to carefully check the Hi-Viz today but i'm pretty satisfied with the result. made a few adjustment to decal placing.

Also started the Low-Viz of the 407 squadron and planning to work on the 415 tomorrow.

As for the Low-Viz, pretty advanced on the skinning. Some areas have to be checked as there are color mismatches alongs with color details to change on the wings. But as you'll see a good part have been done :)

post-79911-0-22376500-1499311956_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Skins done (Hi-Viz and Low-Viz) but last 2 days been very busy so no further work have been done.

Will do proper checks tomorrow and will upload the file if everythings is ok to me.