Hi everyone:

For those of you that upgraded to Windows 10 and found yourselves with very low fps and wondered why.  Here is a

fix:

http://enbdev.com/patch_tesskyrim_antifreeze_v0096.htm  <----- Download and drop d3dd9.dll and enbatch.ini files

into your main Strike Fighters or WOXXX series main install folder.  After that no low fps.

Before I installed the two files I was wondering with my rig: Astrix Asus Z270H, i7 7700k 4.2ghz/4.9ghz turbo, GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming, 16GB 3200ghz RAM, Windows 10 64 HE was getting choppy FPS, but after I installed the two files in my main strike fighters 2 install folder, the stuttering low fps was gone.  Now smooth as silk.

Ummm...while I applaud performance enhancement efforts, I'm struggling a bit with this proposed solution.  That looks to me like a DirectX 9 dynamic link library file...combined with an ENB post-processing file.  So of course reverting back to DirectX9 and is going to help with performance, but you do realize you're giving up bump mapping, speculars, etc. under the Gen2 engine, right?  Unless I'm misinterpreting something, which could be the case and I'm all ears...  

Edit:  WOW, this is for the Gen1 engine series, not even sure who's left playing that - but anyway, might be better to move this post to that forum rather than SF2 forum?

Edited by swambast

Moved to proper forum

oooh in my nieghborhood,,I even had this was going on with my xp box ,, the problem I think is there's way to many ai planes up,, the fix I did was I went into the Campaign Data and cut down the number of planes ,, I'm still testing this WOV1 1984 

do this on all units,it is a bit of work, be sure to back up file

//----- Player Unit

[AirUnit001]
AircraftType=F-15E 
Squadron=94TFS
ForceID=1
Nation=USAF
DefaultTexture=USAFtng1
BaseArea=Udorn RTAFB
BaseMoveChance=0
RandomChance=100
MaxAircraft=6     <---------------change this from 16 to 6 
StartAircraft=6     <-----------
MaxPilots=6       <-------------
StartPilots=6     <--------------

oooh in my nieghborhood,,I even had this was going on with my xp box ,, the problem I think is there's way to many ai planes up,, the fix I did was I went into the Campaign Data and cut down the number of planes ,, I'm still testing this WOV1 1984 

do this on all units,it is a bit of work, be sure to back up file

//----- Player Unit

[AirUnit001]
AircraftType=F-15E 
Squadron=94TFS
ForceID=1
Nation=USAF
DefaultTexture=USAFtng1
BaseArea=Udorn RTAFB
BaseMoveChance=0
RandomChance=100
MaxAircraft=6     <---------------change this from 16 to 6 
StartAircraft=6     <-----------
MaxPilots=6       <-------------
StartPilots=6     <--------------

I play campaigns in Win7 and I don't have this issue. I have 50-55 FPS usually. In my opinion is not the number of AI aircraft in the air at once, but it's the muscles of your videocard (and a decent CPU, I have a old Intel 3770). I have a MSI GTX1070 OC card which handles my game pretty well. I play with all the settings at max.

I play campaigns in Win7 and I don't have this issue. I have 50-55 FPS usually. In my opinion is not the number of AI aircraft in the air at once, but it's the muscles of your videocard (and a decent CPU, I have a old Intel 3770). I have a MSI GTX1070 OC card which handles my game pretty well. I play with all the settings at max.

you are correct on the muscle of the video card,, for us poor souls that have a mediocre cards I'm get getting better frames than I did with less planes about,.  AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+  2.01GHz,, 2 Gigs of ram 32bit and a Generic GeForce 210 with 512ram comes to a crawl in heavily populated areas with planes and sams  WOV1

oh sorry to hear that. I was thinking that these days they are not so expansive as once they were and anyone can afford one. If I may, I suggest you to, eventually, invest into a powerfull card. It will pay off the trouble and you'll be more happier as a hardcore flightsimulator fan which I think you are (like me). Good luck and force be with you! :) !

I've done it, and i have also updated the game to last 2008 patch, but framerate has not improved.

The only way i could fix that was to change my default "running game settings" of my PC for SF:P1, from default graphic card to my high-performance NVIDIA graphic card.

Now the game runs perfectly (50/60 fps), even if i play it at lowest settings (except for 1920x1080 res)

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT whenever me or another aircraft shoots down another plane, THE GAME SUDDENDLY FREEZES for 1 or 2 seconds… this also happens when a comm is given (like QG or wingmen)

HELP ME PLEASE, CAUSE THIS ISSUE MAKES THE GAME UNPLAYABLE!

Edited by JamesWilson

On 6/23/2017 at 11:31 PM, bigstone said:

Hi everyone:

For those of you that upgraded to Windows 10 and found yourselves with very low fps and wondered why.  Here is a

fix:

http://enbdev.com/patch_tesskyrim_antifreeze_v0096.htm  <----- Download and drop d3dd9.dll and enbatch.ini files

into your main Strike Fighters or WOXXX series main install folder.  After that no low fps.

Before I installed the two files I was wondering with my rig: Astrix Asus Z270H, i7 7700k 4.2ghz/4.9ghz turbo, GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming, 16GB 3200ghz RAM, Windows 10 64 HE was getting choppy FPS, but after I installed the two files in my main strike fighters 2 install folder, the stuttering low fps was gone.  Now smooth as silk.

bro when i installed it my strike fighter 2 crashed to desktop screen and never start until i removed these files from my simulator folder 💔😟