Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Thar be sumthin' in them thar WoFF woods, thar be...

Looking at this screenshot of my Pup after a Quick Combat mission, I noticed an unfamiliar object in the woods - visible on the ground under the nearest wing.

Shot06-18-17-10-59-30.jpg

Zoomed in, it's very pixellated but looks like it might be a giant glove puppet that's been dumped or dropped there by a giant glove puppet user. What could it possibly be? I don't think I've seen one before. It doesn't look like a plane wreck.

The grey object on the deck just beyond the further wingtip looks man-made and might be a Ford Model T pick-up or similar, or perhaps a large cow disguised as one, to deceive the enemy. But the closer object, I can't make out. I was over friendly territory so it's likely 'one of ours', whatever it is. Any ideas?

I would be great if we could get the place, date and time. So I could check what is going on, can not see anything on this screen shot.

33LIMA: You're right; the objects are terribly pixelated.  However; I presented the photo to Air Intelligence (showed them 'round at the BOC bar) and your suspicions were largely confirmed.

1. Five golf carts

2. A Ford Model-T pick-up.

3. It is a giant abandoned glove puppet. Although five of those polled declined to tender an opinion on grounds that it's 'Classified'.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Remember the steam train on the runway?   I liked that one until they fixed the bug.  I once got my hand smacked in the program by shooting down my wingman from the rear seat of some aircraft or another.   The last time I tried that nothing happened at all.  I was hoping to be court-martialed :blackeye:

I've never seen the train on the runway...but then, I'd never seen the giant glove puppet in the forest, either, until the other day. Now, I can't go anywhere, but I'm looking for one. Hence presumably the saying 'Beware of the giant glove puppet in the woods'...or was it the Hun in the sun? Something like that. :)

Well, that "giant glove puppet" is simply the ground base of that balloon, me thinks.

I wonder what you guys are smoking... :crazy:

A winch truck, skillfully camouflaged as a giant glove puppet! Now I see, makes perfect sense really. Another mystery, de-mystified :)

Watch out for white steam trails in the landscape to find the trains. I have seen them many times.

I have seen trains, usually soon after takeoff, just not on the runway, as sighted by Jim  - someone of a less charitable disposition than I might wonder if this was possibly during a joyride after a liquid-fuelled BOC mess party :biggrin:

Shot09-14-16-14-04-37.jpg

Once en route, I find that trainspotting - or giant glove puppet spotting, for than matter - is not conducive to avoiding being shot down, which happens enough to me, without making it any worse :blind:

Shot01-12-17-21-51-52.jpg