Yubba:

This is the entry I placed in the F-117 Data File:

[LevelBombAI]
ReleaseAlt=10000
ReleaseCount=2
ReleaseInterval=0.0001
ReleaseRange=34320

I started the mission and put us in formation at 15,000 ft

I then ordered my wingman to hit my target.

He stayed at 15,000 ft level flight, and then at the correct point he released and hit the target

I assumed the release range was also in feet, so  I put the figure of 34320, which is 6.5 miles, just past the point at which the GBU sensor is in range, and is the distance that I would release at.

I also ordered the flight to engage ground, and the other two aircraft stayed at 15,000 and released their GBUs.

So I guess that's a success story. I shall probably fly more F-117 missions now. Thanks for your advice.

The AircraftRole for the F-117 is ATTACK. I changed it to BOMBER, and all that does is give you lots more planes in your mission. So I changed it back.

That's actually why I changed the B-1B AircraftRole to ATTACK, just to keep the numbers down to sensible levels.

Yubba:

This is the entry I placed in the F-117 Data File:

[LevelBombAI]
ReleaseAlt=10000
ReleaseCount=2
ReleaseInterval=0.0001
ReleaseRange=34320

I started the mission and put us in formation at 15,000 ft

I then ordered my wingman to hit my target.

He stayed at 15,000 ft level flight, and then at the correct point he released and hit the target

I assumed the release range was also in feet, so  I put the figure of 34320, which is 6.5 miles, just past the point at which the GBU sensor is in range, and is the distance that I would release at.

I also ordered the flight to engage ground, and the other two aircraft stayed at 15,000 and released their GBUs.

So I guess that's a success story. I shall probably fly more F-117 missions now. Thanks for your advice.

The AircraftRole for the F-117 is ATTACK. I changed it to BOMBER, and all that does is give you lots more planes in your mission. So I changed it back.

That's actually why I changed the B-1B AircraftRole to ATTACK, just to keep the numbers down to sensible levels.

You made me go look.. this is what I got on the B-52 for 30,000ft. oooh the carnage,..

[LevelBombAI]
ReleaseAlt=11000.0
ReleaseCount=27    <------- I guess that can also be changed
ReleaseInterval=0.1

did you have a nice trip. ????

Edited by yubba

Yes, I had a great trip visiting Northumberland castles. Thank you.

I think I stole the LevelBombAI from a B-52 and modded accordingly. Very few aircraft have this entry.

It would be nice to know what other entries one could add, or is it just those three, plus my fourth?

Are you saying that you have a ReleaseAlt of 11000, and yet they bomb at 30,000? Is that because you were flying at 30,000, so they release at your altitude?

That was my experience. Which somewhat makes the ReleaseAlt figure redundant.

Release Count must relate to how many bombs the aircraft carries, so for the F-117 that's just 2.

I'm not sure how the ReleaseInterval figure of 0.1 relates to the Intervalometer figures. They are something like 60ms, 100ms, 160 ms. Presumably 0,1 could be 100ms; so 60ms would be 0.06.

I used 0.0001 because on the F-117 they should be simultaneous, but I daren't put 0.0000 in case something funny happened. 

Any thoughts on ReleaseRange? For me it seemed to work. They clearly followed that figure, because I didn't bother bombing and let the wingman do it. The release basket for the GBU is quite slim, and yet he hit the bullseye.

Yes, I had a great trip visiting Northumberland castles. Thank you.

I think I stole the LevelBombAI from a B-52 and modded accordingly. Very few aircraft have this entry.

It would be nice to know what other entries one could add, or is it just those three, plus my fourth?

Are you saying that you have a ReleaseAlt of 11000, and yet they bomb at 30,000? Is that because you were flying at 30,000, so they release at your altitude?

That was my experience. Which somewhat makes the ReleaseAlt figure redundant.

Release Count must relate to how many bombs the aircraft carries, so for the F-117 that's just 2.

I'm not sure how the ReleaseInterval figure of 0.1 relates to the Intervalometer figures. They are something like 60ms, 100ms, 160 ms. Presumably 0,1 could be 100ms; so 60ms would be 0.06.

I used 0.0001 because on the F-117 they should be simultaneous, but I daren't put 0.0000 in case something funny happened. 

Any thoughts on ReleaseRange? For me it seemed to work. They clearly followed that figure, because I didn't bother bombing and let the wingman do it. The release basket for the GBU is quite slim, and yet he hit the bullseye.

It's in meters so 11,000=30,000ft roughly I haven't tried it on any other planes far as I know,, I go up with 2 or 3 wingmen you go up with any more than that and number 5 guy and above won't drop bombs

Metres???? Damn Europeans.

could have been us Johnny Rebs,,, over yonder,, or damn that's high