Erik

Battle over the internet

bftn.jpg

We didn't slow down our site today but big ISPs will if they win their fight to roll back internet regulations at the FCC.

American businesses and citizens are in the biggest protest against the FCC to date. The FCC is planning on rolling back regulations from 2015 that classified ISPs and safeguarded our internet. Trump appointed FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has made it his mission to deregulate the internet and thereby giving complete authority and power back to big business ISPs like Comcast and Verizon. The protest starts internet wide on July 12, 2017. Millions of people and businesses are fighting for your rights and we need you to spend a few minutes sharing your vote to help us keep the internet net neutral.

You may say to yourself this doesn't involve me but you'd be dead wrong. Once the regulations are removed there's no going back and big ISPs will control everything from what they mine from your content to the speed at which they deliver it.

You can't sit this one out we need you! 

GO NOW!!! ----> https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Background Info: http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/07/11/535804285/internet-companies-plan-online-campaign-to-keep-net-neutrality-rules

• Like 1

Done!

• Like 2

Added a few choice words of my own. One person tells two people, two tell four, etc., and there are many elections coming up. Vote against this, party whores, or we vote against you. You cause me pain, I'll cause you political pain. I have a BIG MOUTH!

ps. I also tweeted the Orange One directly. Light up his screen. He might even listen.

Edited by Heck
  • Like 1

I guess non-US cannot fill the form( 

• Like 2

Sent!

I guess non-US cannot fill the form( 

Neither am I but I always use US based VPNs (small businesses) to bypass the Chinese internet censorship. So... tis also concerns me...

• Like 3

So I was talking to this nice lady at my city's code enforcement office. A lot of us small business people deal with her regularly. I tell her and she tells the others, and I'll give it about 2-3 hours and hopefully there will a decent chunk of a small town in central Arkansas getting pissed off.

QrdW9g1.jpg

• Like 1

USA should just shut the whole thing down.

Go back to days when it was what we used to talk to our submarines.....

People do not understand that the "internet" was designed as a weapon.

Instead of making an unbreakable code on RF.

Create a completely new way to communicate.

The two most peaceful endeavors of mankind...Atom bomb. Internet.

Have caused more problems than anything!

I support Net Neutrality.

But, it is not a right.

• Like 2

That would be funny as hell to see. If everyone just stopped using the internet for a month. Look at how much paper will be generated for bills again, look at how much money ISPs will loose!

• Like 1

Going back! My nail box is to small. My bank is in California, I now reside in Idaho. all the bills! Snail mail    :blackeye: