Sign in to follow this  
dannavy85

Question concerning Mod Folders

So I've asked this before and haven't gotten an answer offering much help. So I have SF2 Vietnam and SF2 North Atlantic installed by they have no Mods folders even though I've run them both. Here's the snap shots of North Atlantic....

post-93418-0-99598300-1499987114.jpg

post-93418-0-61243700-1499987138_thumb.jpg

So how do you create or add the folders from this point?

You're looking in the WRONG place!!

Was not usefull?? --->

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

and...

if you're running off a drive other than C/, that's a whole 'nuther thing. There should be a post/thread about that as well in the Knowledge Base. I know there were several threads in the General Forums as well (some time back)

Already awnsered this before.

Read the link carefully and you´ll get the awnser you need mate. ;-)

It is there best explained.

also unless your running off a netbook with little HDD space, or a super old system (again with little HDD space) you'll get better results to load into you normal C: drive. but as Wrench said, running of a USB drive can be a pain. It is possible (and functional), just take more to do than running the regular way

So I decided to install SF2NA to the C drive and you have where the game is installed and where the saved games are under the user. So how exactly do you go about setting up SFNA so you can use other MODS?

So when I installed the game to C:, this is the exact same look as the game was when it was installed on F:

post-93418-0-99598300-1499987114.jpg

See the link above about the "mods folder".

Yes, it should look exactly the same. But now, it's WHERE is supposed to be!

The core files, down in the 

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2

are located in a protected region of the HD; meaning unmodifiable. The "saved games" folder is where all the stuff gets screwed around with.

Again, I refer to the "mods folder" link above.

sorry to be such a stick over all this but I bought SF2, un-installed Europe and Vietnam 2, and installed SF2 to my hard drive but still can't get mods to show up when I start the game. I followed all the knowledge base postings and still nothing.

how about a screenshot of the SavedGames/ThirdWire/SF*** folders?? (see below) Pay special attention to the pathways

we can't help you if we don't know WHAT you've done wrong!

mods folders -saved games location.jpg