Sign in to follow this  
Foxhound1

Campaigns - How do they really work?

I've been playing a lot of Strike Fighters 2 campaigns recently (the stock versions). I've been whining a lot before about how I prefer static campaigns, but I can truly see the value in dynamic campaigns where if you go beyond your mission objectives and kill that stray MiG-21 or bomb that nearby SAM site, you know that's one less threat you and the rest of your forces will have to face in future missions. There is certainly a lot of replay value.

One gripe I have with the SF2 campaigns is that there seems to be so much going on under the hood that is invisible to players. When you finish a campaign, I wish it would show stats on total enemy and friendly losses, etc... which strategic targets were hit, which weren't. The presentation is extremely bare-bones in this regard. The manual also mentions very little about how campaigns work. 

Are there any online resources that go behind the scenes to explain how campaigns really work in Strike Fighters 2? For example, when you destroy a hangar or a fuel depot on an enemy airbase, what effect does this have? Is a random number of enemy aircraft assumed to have been inside the hangar? Does lack of fuel limit enemy sorties?

Yes the online resource was called Thirdwire ( TK )......there is probably a load of info on those forums (down at the mo) still if not here.

I don't have much of the detail and cannot remember exactly.

Are there any online resources that go behind the scenes to explain how campaigns really work in Strike Fighters 2? For example, when you destroy a hangar or a fuel depot on an enemy airbase, what effect does this have? Is a random number of enemy aircraft assumed to have been inside the hangar? Does lack of fuel limit enemy sorties?

AFAIK, destruction of hangars and depot and fuel tanks are supposed to have an impact on the other side supply. What this impact is (less missions or planes?) is unknown to me.

Also, I think some planes are supposed to be in the hangars, the same way parked ones are counted as lost for the other side.