Sign in to follow this  
Geary

SF1 P-51D ETO Aircraft and Skins

For those of us that still fly SF1 and noticed there were very few P-51D ETO skins that use the decal system:

3 skins for Wolf257's P-51D.

343rd FS, 55th FG.
363rd FS, 357th FG.
487th FS. 352nd FG.

There is no nose art with these skins.

Thanks and credit go to:
Wolf257 - for the P-51D model.
Pappychksix - for the 343rd skin I repainted from his SF1 Evelyn skin.
Amariani - for the decals from his SF2 P-51D ETO skins.
Geary - for template, paints, repaints, etc...
I don't know who created the WW II pilot or the drop tanks. They've been around since the dinosaurs. But thanks to those creators.

If you wish to paint your own skins, the template is available for the asking. Just PM me. It is in .psd format.

These skins are in .bmp format and were created at 2048 pixels. They are 12MB each but can be downsized for those of you who can't use them this large.

If I forget or miss anyone who deserves credit for anything I release, I apologize. I have no intent to abuse or misuse anyone's work or property or claim it as my own. Please contact me to correct any error.

INSTALLATION: Unzip to a folder/place of your choice. Copy, Move, Drag-n-Drop or do whatever you wish to get the folders into their corresponding folders in your SF1 ETO install. If you don't already have the weapon information in your weapondata.ini file, add it. Run the SF1 Weapons Editor. Fly.

I'm releasing this under the Combat Ace Fair Use Agreement. Use it anyway you wish for personal use but please give credit to those due it.

If you find any problems with it, please PM me. If you improve it, please share.

Geary

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/27/2017
  • Category

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Hello P-51 Lovers!

We know you’ve been waiting patiently to see more of the P-51B, so today we show you what it looks like both inside and out! This new ‘Pony’ should be ready by the end of this month. It’s the Holiday Season and a time for giving, so there will likely be two updates in December! One with the new clouds and the DFWC.V and the other with the P-51B and maybe, just maybe new fuel systems and drop tanks for several Bf-109 variants. Of course, plans are subject to change pending testing. And as mentioned previously the Malcolm Hood has taken extra work to get it right, so that component is not ready to be shown yet. Without further delay…

Enjoy!

The Sturmovik Team
    • By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Pilots,

Today we want to show you some WIP pics of the P-51B/C with the birdcage style canopy. It really changes the look of the P-51 and it's obvious why they changed to the bubble style canopy with the "D" model and some "B" airframes had their birdcage replaced with the 'Malcolm Hood' canopy which was a semi-bubble modification. We will also model the Malcolm Hood. 

Also, if you happen to have any detailed references on the Malcolm Hood's canopy frame, rails or emergency release mechanism please share them with us. We could use some more detailed pictures or drawings of it.  

The P-51B/C is unfortunately behind schedule and should have been ready by now, but she is getting ever closer to release and likely to be finished next month.

Also, here is a pic of our American bomber pilot model ready to face some German flak!

Enjoy!

The Sturmovik Team
    • By snowburn

View File F-51D FAU Fuerza Aerea Uruguaya
      This is a re-skin of the stock p-51D for the Fuerza Aerea Uruguaya (local name: F-51D)
      Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1 Israel is required

this is my first reskin, i hope you like it and score a lot of kills :)

Model: Original TW P-51D
      Pilot: Pil_kawb (Sorry, i dont know who made this, if somebody knows i will add thank and credit him/her immediately)
      FakePilot - Football Baloon: Walter
      Textures and Decals by me: snowburn (except base texture)

Thanks to http://www.pilotoviejo.com/ for the reference photos.
      A huge thanks to the SF2 Español community for their help and tutorials.
      Submitter snowburn Submitted 07/25/2020 Category P-51  
    • By snowburn
      This is a re-skin of the stock p-51D for the Fuerza Aerea Uruguaya (local name: F-51D)
      Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 1 Israel is required

this is my first reskin, i hope you like it and score a lot of kills :)

Model: Original TW P-51D
      Pilot: Pil_kawb (Sorry, i dont know who made this, if somebody knows i will add thank and credit him/her immediately)
      FakePilot - Football Baloon: Walter
      Textures and Decals by me: snowburn (except base texture)

Thanks to http://www.pilotoviejo.com/ for the reference photos.
      A huge thanks to the SF2 Español community for their help and tutorials.
    • By HomeFries

View File P-51D Colombian Air Force Skin Pack (Fictional)
      This is a package of two P-51D skins using the current Fuerza Aérea Colombiana grey paint scheme used for the Super Tucano. One version of the skin has a "shark mouth" on the nose. Nationalities are USA and Spain.

Installation Instructions:
      Copy the folders to your Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\P-51D folder.

Optional:
      The release of DCS World 1.2.4 added the ability to add texture paths using the file "autoexec.cfg" in your Saved Games\DCS\Config folder. This will allow you to save hard drive space as long as the skin filenames are unique. My skins support this, so any DDS file with the same name will be identical.

In order to enable this feature, add the following line to autoexec.cfg (be sure to create the file if it doesn't exist):
      table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games/DCS/Textures")
      You can use any path (even a different drive), but you must use forward slashes for your path. Backslashes won't work here.

Then, you can move all of the DDS files from each of the skin folders to this new folder you've added to your path. Allowing overwrites is not a problem, as I use unique names for each file. Finally, be sure to go into each description.lua file and change all "false" entries to "true."

You are free to use any of these skins in other projects as long as proper credit is provided in the readme file.

-Home Fries
      Submitter HomeFries Submitted 06/28/2014 Category Misc/AI Aircraft Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..