About This File
This Carrier Project Made its debut for Strike Fighters : Project 1 in March of 2006.
Since then three more versions were released for Thirdwire’s Gen 1 Titles.
There are a few more revisions done afterwards to the model for Gen 1 titles by other 3d artists in the Modding community.
This is Version 1.0 Gold of the current 3d Model, and has been extensively worked on to bring the quality and immersion level higher than in previous releases.
This will be the last version of this 3D Model released, work on a new model has begun that will allow me to bring the graphics detail up to higher standards with the newest features.
Carrier 3D Model : Skate Zilla
Carrier Textures : Skate Zilla (some textures borrowed from Stock CVA-63)
Weapons Systems : Skate Zilla (With assistance from Fubar512)
E-2C Static Model : Skate Zilla
E-2C Static Textures : Skate Zilla
F-18E/F Static Models : See Super Hornet Package PDF Readme
F-18E/F Static Textures : See Super Hornet Package PDF Readme
3d Carrier Crew Models and Textures: Julhelm
Carrier Systems Configuration: Skate Zilla
Carrier VisualFX : Skate Zilla
Testers (not including myself, Will be updated): EricJ, BlueFlame, Navy81, BlackShark61, PureBlue, Zola25, colmack.
Strike Fighters 2 Game Engine : Third Wire Productions
3d Content Creation Platforms : 3d Studio Max 7/2009/2011 (Discreet)
Texture Content Creation Platforms : Photoshop 7/CS5 (Adobe)
What's New in Version 1.0
- Fixed Issues since v.3/v.5
- Re-mapped the flight deck to allow greater detail (v1.0)
- Adjusted systems for Take Off and Landing (v1.0)
- Adjusted/Added detail to texture maps (v1.0)
- Completely overhauled Particle Effects (v1.0)
- Completely overhauled weapons (v1.0)
- Imported to the Strike Fighters 2 Engine (v1.0)
- Completely Remapped the Deck (v.5)
- Completely Remapped the Island/Tower(v.5)
- New Features since v.3/v.5:
- Added Low Polygon 3d Crew to the Deck (v1.0)
- Added Static Aircraft from CVW-3 to the Deck (v1.0)
- Enabled Realtime Shadowing (v.5)
- 3d Model Information:
- Total: (224843 polys, 240025 verts)
- Mesh Max: (2888 polys, 2158 verts)
- Known Issues for v1.0
- Some Model Flickering and Clipping May occur at distances.
- Real-time 3d Shadowing causes Large Decrease in Frame Rate
- Deck / Ship Collision Boxes are Partial
- Collision Model for the Deck is Partial
- Shadow May have abnormal gaps or tears on some Graphics Platforms.
- Certain aircraft (Buccaneer) clip the deck and explode on take-off launch.