About This File
A-4C (65) Skyhawk, VA-153 'Blue Tail Flies' Vietnam 1966 Skinpack by Nyghtfall v1.0
*** SF2V required for A-4C_65-model, tested in full 5-merged installation ***
The skin represents A-4Cs from VA-153 'Blue Tail Flies' in 1966 aboard the carrier USS Constellation in Vietnam.
BuNo and Modex should be correct for this squadron, with 302 and 307 filled with Numbers that are correct for the squadron, but miss the modex.
According to my sources, modexnumbers 300, 308 and 309 are not used, so in this pack you'll find 301-307 and 311-316.
Some highlights on this skinpack are:
- new Baseskin
- new Decals for nearly everything :)
- optional 'Griffin'-Decal as used on planes aboard USS Coral Sea (just change to commented parts at the end of decals.ini, to have it visible)
- updated data.ini is included, which contains the working canopy (SHIFT+0) and landing light (thanks to Wrench).
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. copy 'Objects'-folder from the zip to your mods 'Objects'-folder, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'.
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, nice models, skins and some decals I used as pattern
- ZScout370, wikimedia - USAF Insignia
- a4skyhawk.org, Harry S. Gann - original VA-153 Griffin-patch, I used as pattern
- Wrench, updated data.ini
- Soulfreak, for your decalpattern, which was a BIG help to improve the baseskin and fill it with "life"!
- Blowhard, for the weathering-tutorial at http://www.eaf51.org/Photoshop/Tutorial/Basic_Weathering.htm
- Wrench (also for help with flap-decals), ikon71, Stratos, CrazyhorseB34, cocas and EricJ for your help with the color-issues
- Sundowner (F-105D template) as inspiration on how to handle certain things in a template, as it was the first one, I created
- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
What's New in Version v1.1
- -original release (v1.0)
- -corrected colors and nosecone (v1.1)
- -added maintenance markings (v1.1)