About This File
A-4M Skyhawk II - US Marine Corpse for Thirdwire A-4 Skyhawks v1.02
*** SF2, SF2V, SF2I required (A-4F_74 model, KfirC1_77 cockpit and A-7E HUD-parts). Tested in full 5-merged installation only ***
*** DLC 005 A-4K required ***
In this mod included are 4 different versions of the plane with the following differences:
- A-4M (available 1971-1975): much like A-4F, larger canopy. HighVis markings.
- A-4M_75 (available 1975-1981): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, HighVis markings.
- A-4M_79 (available 1979-1982): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, ARBS, LGB capable,
early LowVis camouflage.
- A-4M_82 (available 1982-1994): new nose, larger canopy, fintip fairing, new RHAW-system, ARBS, LGB capable,
AGM-65 Maverick (1985+), later LowVis camouflage.
This mod is based on dtmdragons Skyhawk II pack, he unfortunately never released. I used it as base and starting
point, but rearranged it a bit, to incorporate new pylons and better reflect updates and the different
camouflages used during the years.
Included are the following Squadrons:
- VMA-131 Diamondbacks (M_82)
- VMA-142 Flying Gators (M_82)
- VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (M_75, M_79, M_82)
- VMA-214 Black Sheep (M, M_75, M_79, 2x M_82)
- VMA-223 Bulldogs (M_75, M_82)
- VMA-311 Tomcats (M, M_75, M_82)
- VMA-322 Fighting Gamecocks (M_82)
- VMA-324 Devildogs (M)
- VMA-331 BumbleBees (M, M_75, M_82)
My thank goes to Dan (dtmdragon) for the Skyhawk II-Pack!
Valuable Information came from 331Killerbee, who worked on the real planes and Muesli - Thanks you guys!
A special thanks goes to RussoUK2004, who was patient enough to help me bring the new Blender-made Pylons to SF2!
Thanks m8, I really appreciate your help!
- corrected Hitboxes on all 4 planes, as they were shifted forward for unknown reasons
- corrected some lines on A-4K_Body SpecMap and BumpMap
- corrected the wrong position of the included sounds-folder
- included an alternate PilotModel (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included some new sounds (provided by FanaticModder, made by ????)
- included a new 400gal droptank usable on centerline (Thanks cocas for helping with the conversion!)
- updated loadout.inis to include the new tank
- fixed a spelling error in the hangar-screens
- changed VMA-331 (1980) CAG decal from "1st Marine Air Wing" to "2nd Marine Air Wing". The former decal is just renamed for easy switching.
>>> You can use the Update if you already have v1.01 to just get the changed files! <<<
- new pylons with different missile rails
- new ARBS-nose
- skins in 4096x4096
- stand-in Kfir-cockpit modified and repainted (no real cockpit available)
- 400gal Centerline Tank
- corrected Bump- and SpecularMaps for the M (based on DLC A-4K which has them activated) -
experimental and can for sure be optimized
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_Mod folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
If some squadrons are missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini
("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free number for the missing squadrons:
Name=VMA142 <-- needed for this mod: VMA131, VMA142, VMA211, VMA214, VMA223, VMA311, VMA322, VMA324 and VMA331
DisplayName=VMA-142 'Flying Gators' <-- the actual display text. Names for all squadrons are in "The Mod" section
Nation=USMC <-- USMC for all squadrons
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- dtmdragon - original Skyhawk II pack, ini-work, ARBS-configuration
- Alejandro - A-4M/N canopy/nose mods, Escapac-seat
- FastCargo - Fakepilot
- ravenclaw_007 - all weapon-models included
- RussoUK2004 - conversion of all Pylon-models, improvements
- cocas - conversion of the 400gal tank model
- FanaticModder - provided the sounds, made by ????
- OldDiego/XRAY (not sure) - av8pilot, USMCNM2-pilot
- ???? - F-16B_PavePenny-model
- ???? - J52-Engine-Sound
- me - ini-work, Pylon- and Tankmodels (Blender), paintwork, hangar/loadingscreens, modified cockpit
Please PM me, if I forgot you or you know one of the unknown heroes!
- mue for his great LODViewer, which was a big help while creating the camos and placing stuff!
- Crusader several threads as inspiration for the cockpit-mod and how to setup and change things. Those were valuable information. Thanks!
- RussoUK2004 creation of BumpMaps tutorial from the forums
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
This pack is freeware and the parts I am responsible for, may not be used for payware of any kind.
If you want to use anything, just do so, but give credits. Thanks
What's New in Version 1.02
- - initial release (08.04.2016)
- - fixed spelling error in hangar-screens (09.04.2016)
- - changed VMA-331 (1980) CAG decal from 1st MAW to 2nd MAW - the old decal is renamed for easy swithing (09.04.2016)
- - corrected Hitboxes on all 4 planes, as they were shifted forward for unknown reasons (10.06.2016)
- - corrected some lines on A-4K_Body SpecMap and BumpMap (10.06.2016)
- - corrected the wrong position of the included sounds-folder (10.06.2016)
- - included an alternate PilotModel (10.06.2016)
- - included some new sounds (10.06.2016)
- - included a new 400gal droptank usable on centerline (10.06.2016)
- - updated loadout.inis to include the new tank (10.06.2016)