About This File
Kuwait Scooters - A-4KU/TA-4KU for SF2 - v1.0
*** any SF2I that has the KfirC1_77 for the cockpit and DLC005 required for the A-4K model ***
This mods represents the A-4KU and TA-4KU Skyhawks used by Kuwait between 1977 and 1992.
In the 1970s Kuwait purchased 36 Skyhawks (30 single-seater + 6 two-seater). These planes were based upon A-4M, that were delivered to the USMC at that time. So they got the same engine, the larger canopy, the brakechute and the squared off fintip. Equipment needed to deliver nuclear weapons, aswell as Shrike- and Walleye were deleted. The TA-4KU were unique in having the same engine as the single-seater, aswell as the avionics hump. Apart from some aerials their appearance is similar to that of the OA-4M.
When Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, many of the pilots flew with their planes to Saudi Arabia. They were included in the Royal Saudi Air Force and flew 1361 sorties with the loss of only 1 plane.
With the end of the Gulf War they were placed in storage and replaced by F/A-18 Hornets. After failed attempts to sell the surviving 23 planes to Bosnia and the Phillipines, they were finally sold to Brazil in 1997 to serve aboard the Aircraft Carrier Minas Gerais as AF-1 and AF-1A.
- cockpit used is the modified KfirC1_77 cockpit, that is already used for my A-4M-mod. I only made small modifications to fit it the A-4KU.
- Pilotmodel is a stand-in, until someone comes up with a Kuwaiti Pilot :)
- Fakepilot-stuff like hump and the antennas are made with MUEs new Blender-exporter - as I already said and always will: Thank you, great job, mue!
- Skin resolution is 4096x4096
- Skins are set up for "No9SQN" as I only found the general info, that planes were used by "No. 9 and No. 25 squadrons" and both squadrons didn't
use any special markings it seems.
- Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
- A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
- Joe Baughers Site
- Google in general
1. unzip to a temporary folder
2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_MOD_Folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
If the Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free numbers:
DisplayName=No. 9 Squadron
- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
- Fracture - TA-4 model
- Alejandro - Escapac seat
- FastCargo - FakePilot
- Sounds - ???
- dtmdragons - A-4KU-update-pack, this is loosly based on
- myself - all other work, including 3D-models (tanks, pylons, addons)
- Crusader for valuable information regarding weaponsstations-arrangement, I found in the forum.
- mue for his great LODViewer and Blender-Exporter, which made this possible!
- cocas for help learning 3D-stuff!
If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.
This mod or parts of it may not be used for payware of any kind. Also if you use something, give proper credit.