About This File
This is the SFP1 series cockpit (version 1.4) for the Mig-23MF of the Mirage factory which could fire beyond visual range missiles even for foreign countries. Download the Mirage Factory Mig-23 package here:
Mig-23MF cockpit additions made by Richard "Pitts2A" Ordway, Starfighter2, lindr2. Thanks to Armour Dave and Sal for the cockpit
The Mig-23MF version saw combat in the Middle East with Syria and reportedly had some F-4 and F-16 kills. It was a much improved export version after the previous MS version.
The Warsaw pact, India, Syria, Egypt, Cuba and others used the MF version.
Added are features to make it more "developing worldish" including labeling tape, lots of dust and simplified features. It fired radar-guided missiles and so was a BVR threat with its AA-7 Apex missiles.
The Mig-23 was the most important Soviet fighter type from the mid-to-late 1970s
1) Back up your Mig-23MF folder (if present).
2) Download the Mirage Factory basic Mig-23s at the combatace address listed above starting with http://www.combatace.com/indexpht etc, etc above.
3) Just download the whole filefolder Mig-23MF intact into your aircraft folder as one folder.
4) When asked to overwrite say yes.
5) OPTIONAL: Add Nele's accurate Mig-23MF flight model (data.ini) which is in the NeilFlightModel folder called MiG-23MF_data.ini.
Just pop it in and overwrite when asked...back it
up as always.
V1.3- I added knobs under the warning panels, added Neles avionics.ini and gave the option for Nele's accurate Mig-23MF flight model.
MARCH 2011- Version 1.4. I revised and added some files to hopefully fix some problems some gamers were reporting.
What's New in Version Version 1.4 MARCH 2011
- MARCH 2011- Version 1.4. I revised and added some files to hopefully fix some problems some gamers were reporting.