Sign in to follow this  
SDirickson

Friends don't let friends take Calculus BC AP

Please, for the love of God, don't make your children take Calculus BC AP their senior year of high school. They have much better things they could be doing than learning to intigrate the arcsin of e squared.

Aaarghh, sorry to vent, but this stupid class is killing me... and my GPA, damnit.

LOL, glad all i have to take is logs n natural logs for my major(though i took up to analytical trig, twice :()

DUDE! what are you thinking? Senior year is supposed to be so slack, shoulda taken stuff like childcare and SAT prep, all the cheese classes, anyway thats what I did, and it boosted the f*ck outa my GPA, all I had to do Senior year was drink, f*ck, sleep (in class), and then start all over again the next day.

My advice is drop the class, and take something with all the ladies.

lmao, wish I could, wish I could. I'm only staying in there to get a heads up for college. Besides, I had to keep taking AP classes. Looks good for my academy application.

I seem to remember a serior year..I remember getting ready to head to Boot and next thing I knew year was gone...not sure what happened in between..I can assure you no cal. class. I have to check..did I even have classes? :shock:

Man, it definately is a blur. The last semester flew by like never before. It really sucks, because before I know it, I'll be out of HS and on with my life.

I just wish the academies would send out their dang appointments already, be it for good or bad. The anticipation sucks.

I know I just need to have some patience. The problem is, if I don't get accepted, I need to get my backup plans in order. So far, I've been accepted to the Citadel, with a scholarship to boot, and I've got a Texas A&M application in also. Both my NROTC and AFROTC applications are complete.

Pretty hard choice though, Citadel or A&M. I was leaning towards the Citadel first, but they don't offer aeronautical engineering, and if I don't get an ROTC scholarship, it is out of my ability to afford. I also think I'll have a little bit more fun at A&M. Problem with A&M is I didn't get my application in to the Honors Program in time, so I'll have to wait a year before getting in to that. The Citadel has a higher proportion of pilot slots awarded to it's graduates, too.

Of course, its all a moot point if I can go to the AF or Naval Academies, :thumbup:

I'd love to hear your opinions, though...

might give The Univesity of Parris Island a try :D I learned alot there..it also is where ALL marines from the highest ranking generals to the private in the field go through the exact same training.When I went through there a minister in my platoon.

One of my friends decided not to go to the AF academy but to this college in scotsbluff(i think) because soemthing like 75-90% of the AFROTC kids that take flight school there get accepted into the AF for flying.

Just do what I plan on doing. Getting my bachelors in history/political science at FSU, then getting into law school, then the navy has to pick me up becuase they always need lawyers, which means they gotta send me to OCS (I'm gonna get'em to pay for my PhD), problem is im going f*cking blind, so I wont be flying.

Or f*ck it just come to Pensacola, hot flyin, hot women, oh so close to N'Orleans. Why join the AF when the Navy is the best... just my opinion.

Hahaha, well, I am leaning towards the Naval Academy, but either way its a great deal.

Sorry Dagger, I'm not gung ho enough to be a Marine. Well, thats not true. If they wanted me as a pilot I'd sign up instantaniously. I always did like the "Rifleman First" motto.

I know I just need to have some patience.  Pretty hard choice though, Citadel or A&M. I was leaning towards the Citadel first, but they don't offer aeronautical engineering, and if I don't get an ROTC scholarship, it is out of my ability to afford. I also think I'll have a little bit more fun at A&M. Problem with A&M is I didn't get my application in to the Honors Program in time, so I'll have to wait a year before getting in to that. The Citadel has a higher proportion of pilot slots awarded to it's graduates, too.  

Not to brag too much, but Consider Purdue University. Their Aeronautical Engineering School is the tops in the Country....just ask an astronaut. Their flight program is on par with Embry Riddle. I've known many ROTC students from each of the Armed Forces while I was there. Almost all went on to flight school in their respective branch. Although military life was not for me, the choice to attend Purdue Aero was one I'll never forget. Bachelors 1996.

You can have a First Class Education as well as a great beer at Harry's Chocolate Shop. (GO UGLY EARLY!)

HAIL PURDUE!

Fates

I'll check it out. Problem is, I'm definately pushing the admissions deadlines.

Believe me Calculus was a real B***H!!!! Struggled the entire Semester.

But it paid off!!!. I'm a First year Business Management Honours Major @ a Toronto University. Hey, SDirickson I can relate. In my Senior year I considered RMC (Canadian Military College), filed my App. and got accepted of Business Mgt., but I didn't like the idea of spending the College years in Boot, love the Chivas and College Girls!!!... :D If you can't get your choice slot, there always OCS after college, speaking about OCS, today my college threw a career fair and there was a Canadian Forces booth representing all three branches of the Service, I was surprised that an acutal CF-18 pilot was amongst the Officers, a young Captain, had an intresting chat...mostly we spoke about flight training and the Red Flag and Maples Flag excercises.

On a personal note, I've started training for my Private pilots licence and preparing for OCS. That's my choice if the Economy is going to be in a recessionary period in 2005. Only thing about the Canadian Air Force is they'll still be flying the CF-18A/Bs, though with upgraded Avionics. A bit aged but still functional.