Sign in to follow this  
fallenpheonix

Radeon 9600

title says it all really, its in place and secure however my monitor dosn't want to talk to the card. If I use the motherboard socket I can't reinstall any drivers incase thats the problem since theres some kind of security feature on the disk and the download packs that wont let me install them since it cant detect the card... :dry:

anyone have any ideas or do I have to go kick a salesman in the nether regions?

Craig :cool:

How about a complete system spec?

Is this a new card that you put in & if so did you remove the drivers for the old 1 first?

Sorry but you need to explain things better.

nope, its never been removed since it was installed 5 months ago (by the manufacturer). It never worked perfectly but was bearable, my system crashed two months ago and now after getting everything else on line the card wont work, I did manage to get a signal after following advice from a friend at SimV and so was able to reinstall drivers but 5 minutes into SFP1 I lost the signal again.

All I did was take it out and put it back in, still a pain in the ass, though it seems to be working now for everything except games :dntknw:

Spec:

Win XP home SP2

1.67Ghz

512 Game RAM

Craig :cool:

I had that problem on my 6800, it turned out to be the power supply not supplying the juice needed to move the pixels in that card. Went out and bought me a Ultra X-connect 500 watt power supply and haven't looked back since. Thing that was peculiar to it is that it started with just 3d crashing then the whole system shut-down. Might want to look into your supply and see what your voltages are.

The systems that I work on at work, had one of them with a 6200 nvidia, just go blank screen on me when the supply went, replaced and doing well. The voltages on it read fine, it was just under load that it was shutting down.

Edited by Chaingun

Power supply sounds a distinct possibility - it usually takes a lot less power to run 2D than 3D which is why it is possible that it can run apps other than games.