Sign in to follow this  
jturbine

Problem Modding Korea Campaign

Rats! I wanted to start out with a simple mod of the Korea 3rd party campaign. I added a Kearsarge model, copied from the USS Philipine Sea model, which was included in the campaign. I thought I could just copy the model over to a new folder, with the name Kearsarge33, and change all the references in the .ini files from "philipine47" to "Kearsarge33". Well, it almost worked, the model recognized the new bitmap file with the hull number "47" erased (I plan on adding the "33" to the deck later), but the entire ship is floating 50 feet higher than it was before! I do not understand what could have caused this. the USS Philipine Sea appeared at the correct level, but my exact copy does not.

If anyone has the answer to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Saganuay82

Could it be the lack of the weight of paint from the difference in the numbers between 33 and 47?

Nothing amazes me about carriers on that terrian.

Could it be the lack of the weight of paint from the difference in the numbers between 33 and 47?

Nothing amazes me about carriers on that terrian.

Wow, I looked back at all the carrier campaigns in the Korea mod. ALL carriers seem to fly about 50 feet off the water during CAMPAIGNS ONLY. During regular missions, it looks like the carriers are where they should be.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

Its the way that Edwards made this terrain that makes carriers work odd. Which is too bad as he does nice work but with a bug like that it really turns me off to make any campaigns for it.