Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

Help: After Instaling Patch on Voodoo3 System i Get CTD

After I Installed the patch on my brothers system which uses Windows Xp.

I Get a Crash To Desktop RIght After Clicking "FLY" Button from the hanger screen.

Only thing i can guess is its the Voodoo3 2000 PCI Video Card Causing the problem.

ANyone have any Info

Guest Ranger332

no I have a Gforce 440 and get it too in HL but it works in GS.

hyperlobby and gamespy

I'm running a VooDoo5 with the patch on a Win98SE system, and CTD's are RARE now, since I got the patch. Even in HL.

I have a rocksolid XP Pro system that runs ALL my games absolutely fine. SF:P1 not only CTD's my system but often crashes it even in single player - I'm not even going to mention MP. When the machine reboots I get a message saying the system has recovered from a serious error. Even though I get crashes like these I do think that SF is a work of genius with some technical flaws.

Hi, my "other" system is a P2 450 with a V3 2000 PCI running Win98 (not special edition, and no service packs whatsoever ;) ), and it runs the patched game flawlessly. I installed the patch almost immediately after installing the game for the first time. I had no CTDs before the patch on that system either, so maybe it's a general system stability issue.

Probably an issue with XP and the voodoo 3.

I've heard of lots of people complaining of problems in various games with the voodoo 2 and 3 and XP/2k